jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is better written then any TV drama on air and should win a daytime Emmy... It's got everything !
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
tl.dw
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Made it a minute into the video, and then I was done. Reminded me of Shreve and the whole "removing batteries/safe sex" debacle. "You said it, you must have meant it!" Is the whole six minutes nothing but trying to get him to say something on record and making him kowtow since he is in front of a camera?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Is the whole six minutes nothing but trying to get him to say something on record and making him kowtow since he is in front of a camera?


YES ! I love it ! It's even better then the Mark Mcguire "i'm not here ot talk about the past" shenanigans. I only wish Gruber had the balls to just say "yes, the voters are gullible idiots" god damn that would make for a merry Christmas.

Also, how Orwellian is this ? Caught telling the truth on tape and having to lie about it now.... its just the funniest thing to watch him squirm his way into a credible lie.... must see TV !!!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Made it a minute into the video, and then I was done. Reminded me of Shreve and the whole "removing batteries/safe sex" debacle. "You said it, you must have meant it!" Is the whole six minutes nothing but trying to get him to say something on record and making him kowtow since he is in front of a camera?


It's important because this guy is a key architect of the ACA. The taxpayers paid him serious money, he conferred with the president, he was a major player in creating the most massive piece of legislation in American history. And he purposely lied, generated a smoke screen to fool a budgetary agency (the CBO who work for all of us) and just generally fabricated untruths about the whole thing.

If that's not important, then I guess nothing you don't like hearing matters.

I'm not up to speed on Gowdy and whether he's one of the new R power brokers, but I don't fault him one iota. It's now out - the ACA was purposely flawed and massaged to fool government agencies and voters into thinking it was something it clearly is not. Then this criminal laughs at how stupid you all are. By "you all" I only mean the Obama voters. And yes, since all Obama voters had the information about exactly what was being lied about before voting and exactly what kind of lowlifes Obama and his posse really are -- then I guess stupid applies here. To Obama voters anyway.

I laughed every time the camera went to his "PHD" placard and he claimed he was trying to look smarter than he really is. I think that applies to a lot of the intellectual community that is intertwined with politics and the creation of public policy.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Made it a minute into the video, and then I was done. Reminded me of Shreve and the whole "removing batteries/safe sex" debacle. "You said it, you must have meant it!" Is the whole six minutes nothing but trying to get him to say something on record and making him kowtow since he is in front of a camera?


It's important because this guy is a key architect of the ACA. The taxpayers paid him serious money, he conferred with the president, he was a major player in creating the most massive piece of legislation in American history. And he purposely lied, generated a smoke screen to fool a budgetary agency (the CBO who work for all of us) and just generally fabricated untruths about the whole thing.

If that's not important, then I guess nothing you don't like hearing matters.

I'm not up to speed on Gowdy and whether he's one of the new R power brokers, but I don't fault him one iota. It's now out - the ACA was purposely flawed and massaged to fool government agencies and voters into thinking it was something it clearly is not. Then this criminal laughs at how stupid you all are. By "you all" I only mean the Obama voters. And yes, since all Obama voters had the information about exactly what was being lied about before voting and exactly what kind of lowlifes Obama and his posse really are -- then I guess stupid applies here. To Obama voters anyway.

I laughed every time the camera went to his "PHD" placard and he claimed he was trying to look smarter than he really is. I think that applies to a lot of the intellectual community that is intertwined with politics and the creation of public policy.


So because I roll my eyes and the dog-and-pony indignant outrage show, I don't care? Maybe I just really really really really really really care, but I don't express it here because RSP is just for shits 'n' giggles*.




* Except when it isn't.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, but what about Benghazi?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So how long before Gowdy is on record as saying something about US voters being dumb, or something equally tactless?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I watch a lot of it live this morning. Pretty insane stuff. Gruber said, my comments as a private citizen have no bearing on the ACA or how the ACA was passed.

I about fell out of my chair.

Really, if this was an energy company, a telecom, or any other thing not related to the ACA, the Obama White House would be up in arms over the fraud committed.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
David N wrote:
So how long before Gowdy is on record as saying something about US voters being dumb, or something equally tactless?


They fall especially hard on the right wing side.

Soon enough, he will too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gruber needed Maher on this side.



Pretty pathetic responses by Gruber who as an economist knows the general public has a rational incentive to remain ignorant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_ignorance
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
...

I laughed every time the camera went to his "PHD" placard and he claimed he was trying to look smarter than he really is. I think that applies to a lot of the intellectual community that is intertwined with politics and the creation of public policy.


Do you wanna bet that there was political wrangling over what will be put on that name card, "Dr. Gruber, Mr. Gruber, Ph.D.," i.e. which had the least bad optics. It looks like Mr. Gruber, Ph.D. was the compromise.

A former manager of mine would have called what this guy did a CLE, career limiting event.

This economics doctorate is a paragon of the progressive left. They know what's best for you. That is to say, I do recognize that the average citizen doesn't have the wherewithal to judge details. However, not only does he intuitively know what's best for his life, he's most often correct (over experts), but most importantly, it is his democratic right to decide for himself in the end, for better or worse. Progressives don't get that essential bit.
.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Exactly. If this was a private company committing fraud on the public, there would be prison time for all involved. But this is actually the White House committing fraud. And millions of citizens are victims of this fraud.


Now don't go overboard, there are plenty of companies and executives that have taken advantage of gullible Americans that, at most, only had to sit through embarrassing Q & A's in front of Congress and then actually received huge bailouts in return. Let's keep at least some perspective.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
Drew1365 wrote:

If this was a private company committing fraud on the public, there would be prison time for all involved.


that's just positive thinking

companies, who are people too, don't server jail time

in this case....the guy of became Governor of FL

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article1...

In December 2000, the U.S. Justice Department announced that Columbia/HCA agreed to pay $840 million in criminal fines, civil damages and penalties.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.