Popular Tags: [View All]
Jojo Conwell
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
There has to be a better way to keep score than using those little cards and the cubes that slip around on the them.

and there is probably a better way to do it than pencil and paper, which we used last night.

Please share your ideas and solutions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
josephc4 wrote:
There has to be a better way to keep score than using those little cards and the cubes that slip around on the them.

and there is probably a better way to do it than pencil and paper, which we used last night.

Please share your ideas and solutions.

I can't say I've ever had a problem with the cards and cubes. However, if I were to replace it, I'd used 2d10 per player to represent the scores just as the cards did - one digit for the ones value, one for the tens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the cubes and cards do not work terribly well. We're far too klutzy, and the cubes are too light. We usually just use pencil and paper.

However, another alternative would be to use paperclips with the cards. I have an assortment of plastic-coated paperclips in different sizes and colors that I have used for Insecta and Hard Vacuum. I hadn't thought of it until now, but I'll have to toss a few into the Nacho Incident and Penguin Ultimatum boxes. They should stay in place even if an errant sleeve sweeps the scorecards off the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use poker chips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.