Phoenix» Forums » Sessions

Subject: The Pig had done me on all fronts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fxer
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To date I had gone completely winless since purchasing Phoenix, suffering a series of emasculating defeats. To quote Fear and Loathing: "The pig had done me on all fronts, and now he was going off to chuckle about it."

As we all know, you play 3 rounds of Phoenix (like Lost Cities, etc) and sum the scores for the overall winner.

The first round saw me draw absolutely no useful cards, I couldn't even steal a piece to slow them down. I am trounced in the shortest round I have ever played. I still get 2 points to their 5.

Things start to look up in round two, I manage to get my pawns lined up in what appears to be a jumbled fashion, but with a quick two-move and shift of the center blocks I'm all in line. Copperfield, bitches! I score 8 to their 0.

Crunch time, again I manage to get my pawns in what appears to be a jumbled mess. Good thing I did, because they had a bunch of "swap for opponents pawn" cards they didn't play, could have hamstrung me. I play the "center block swap" card again and my pawns are suddenly all lined up! Five points for the win, 4 points for having all the colors, I get 9 to their 0!

Final score after three rounds, 19 to 7, and revenge truly is sweet.

The moral for this game seems to be, play those combative cards, even if it doesn't seem necessary. Your opponent can get those pawns lined up in a hurry after initial careful maneuvering, leaving you little time to react. And of course, keep yours looking unorganized so hopefully your opponent won't feel the need to screw with your lineup, instead concentrating on theirs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.