Clash of Cultures: Civilizations» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rice Paddies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
"Gain 1 extra Food from each Fertile Land space containing a Settler (but no City) that you Collect from (limit 2 extra Food per Collect action)."

Does this entitle you to collect more resources than your City is able to under normal conditions? For example, if I have a happy, size 1 city on a fertile land space with an Settler on an adjacent fertile land space, can I activate that city to collect 3 Food?

Even though it doesn't explicitly say one way or the other (which would normally make me think that I couldn't collect more than I'm entitled to), I'm kinda expecting that Rice Paddies would be an exception to this.

Since Rice Paddies is acquired when Irrigation is acquired, I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult to collect 2 Food from a happy, size 1 city since chances are extremely high that it's on a fertile land space and is adjacent to either a fertile land space or a barren space.

If Rice Paddies didn't allow you to gain an extra food above and beyond your limit, it would seem to me to be a pretty uninteresting and worthless special advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer you seek is already in the Civilizations Rulebook, Page 7 in the "Special Advances - Detailed" section.

It works the way you want it to, basically. And it's good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
IncrediSteve wrote:
The answer you seek is already in the Civilaztions Rulebook, Page 7 in the "Special Advances - Detailed" section.

It works the way you want it to, basically. And it's good.

Damn! My bad. Sorry about that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb
This advance is one of the reasons I really like playing as China.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpappy wrote:
This advance is one of the reasons I really like playing as China.
...and then turn the settlers into infantry with fighting bands as needed? YES!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.