Subject: Why are the own: tags turning up? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: tags [+] [View All]
Paul Bravey
United Kingdom
Stafford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to have gained a few 'own' tags followed by some unexplained number that are associated with games that I've recently added to my wishlist. I presume they were added by the system but they're even less useful to me than a chocolate tea pot so what's their purpose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
If you clicked an image to use as your representative image for the browsing your collection by image then it gives you those tags. Do you remember ever clicking on those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bravey
United Kingdom
Stafford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - all becomes clear! If you're going to repurpose the tag system for system uses as well would it be worthwhile to have tag types? It's not too bad at the moment but the tag system will become less useful if you're forced to visually filter out all the cryptic system tags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
PaulBravey wrote:
Thanks - all becomes clear! If you're going to repurpose the tag system for system uses as well would it be worthwhile to have tag types? It's not too bad at the moment but the tag system will become less useful if you're forced to visually filter out all the cryptic system tags.

Yeah I'll see what I can do about that.

Would a generic tag type be good for that? You don't really want those showing in your profile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bravey
United Kingdom
Stafford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A simple 'user' or 'system' binary flag would probably be good enough for quite a while. Only time will tell if people will want to group tags together and then be able to search on those tag groups in the future

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregor McNish
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could allow tagging of tags...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bourrillion
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for hiding them somehow. Confused the heck outta me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay T Leone
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinb9n wrote:
+1 for hiding them somehow. Confused the heck outta me.

2nd that. I was wondering why so many of them pop up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Johnson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to something like "user" or "system", I think there has been some discussion about the possibility of "public" or "private" tags. I imagine that the implementation of such features would be combined. (For example, "public" = current behavior, "private" = visible only by that user, "system" = still affects galleries and the like, not directly visible except to that user after they adjust an option.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.