Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Kanban [+] [View All]
Austin Kennedy
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if someone else beat me to the punch in a previous post or if I missed a similar variant in the rule book, but my daughter and I thought it would be an interesting idea to have Sandra's mood potentially change from round to round. We decided to roll a die every time Sandra was about to evaluate a player. Even numbers were a good mood, and odd numbers were a mean mood. Not only does this change the game up and add tension since you never knew what kind of mood Sandra was going to be in, but it actually makes perfect thematic sense. In real life when you're at work, you never know what kind of mood your boss will be in as well. For us, this added even more to an already great game.

I've played it this way a few times now and I love it. This will definitely make my top 10 of the year, as it will make my 11 year old daughter's top 10 as well. (Side note: My daughter creamed me on our first game by 30 points).

Has anyone else thought of doing a variant like this? I can't be the only one.

Thanks Vital for make a fantastic game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought of one, but when I mentioned it, I got hit hard by my wife. So I hesitated to post it here.

Ah well, here goes nothing.
Each day, like you said, you roll a die to see how Sandra will fare - similar to your idea. You start on the second day, however.
Each day of the first week, you got a 3 in 6 chance for a "bad day". Second week you got a 4 in 6 chance, and third week you get a 5 in 6 chance. IF there is a fourth week, it starts with a "bad day", but only if Sandra didn't have one before.

Because, you see, once Sandra has her first "bad day", you have three bad days in a row. And for the rest of the game, only blue skys (no need for the die, anymore)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Krainbring
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Without playtesting it: Sandra starts off nice. If she can't grant any benefits three times in a row, she gets cranky. She will turn nice again, if she can't punish any player for three consecutive rounds.

Might be worth a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, in earlier playtesting, I had one version similar the one Jonas proposed, but instead of once every 3 times, it happens everytime she plays. It runs like this: Sandra is always nice, but when she does not reward anyone, she will give a penalty.
But this was not playtested a lot. Its not official or anything, just talking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.