Subject: Southern California Wargamers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: wargames [+] california [+] [View All]
Embark
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I will be in San Diego from Mid October until mid December. I am hoping to get some wargaming in while I am in the states. Can anyone tell me if there are any wargaming groups in the San Diego area? If no groups per say, are there at least some players hanging around that would be up for playing once in a while?

I will be staying on the San Diego Marine Corps Recruit Depot if you are familiar with the area.

Thanks

Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a group that meets at Pair a Dice games in Vista. If you're at Camp Pendleton, it should be pretty close for you. I believe they meet on the 1st, 3rd (and 5th, if it exists) Thursday of the month.

For more information/directions:
http://www.pairadicegames.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
San Diego Area Boardgame Groups
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/452738

FYI, there is one wargame group listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jtakagi wrote:
There is a group that meets at Pair a Dice games in Vista. If you're at Camp Pendleton, it should be pretty close for you. I believe they meet on the 1st, 3rd (and 5th, if it exists) Thursday of the month.

For more information/directions:
http://www.pairadicegames.com/

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this group meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month. Their homepage shows meetings on the 14th and 28th this month (2nd and 4th Thursdays).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be right, I'm not sure when they meet. The board gaming group also meets on those days, but now that I think of it, there's usually a group of guys playing miniatures or wargames as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jtakagi wrote:
You might be right, I'm not sure when they meet. The board gaming group also meets on those days, but now that I think of it, there's usually a group of guys playing miniatures or wargames as well.

Ah. I think we are both right. I was aware only of the euro group that meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursday (and I thought that was the group you were discussing). Looking at the Pairadice calendar however, I see that there is a "Historical Wargaming" event on the 1st and 3rd Thrusday this month. I'll add that to the San Diego Boardgame Groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Embark
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info!

I will check out the sites and see if anyone is interested in meeting up. In the off chance that some Southern Californian sees this thread and is looking for an opponent, please contact me. I will play anything from Axis and Allies to ASL and everything in between.

Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
If I'm not mistaken, the recruiting center is not too far from downtown San Diego. Head over to the gamestore in Old Town San Diego on Harney St. They are the more wargame-centric store. You should be able to find gamers there.
Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.