Subject: Sudden Death turn 12 problem rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Grab
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I have a question regarding turn 12. We played the game with a friend like to weeks age (important, as I don't exacly remember all details) and got to turn 12. The VP event counter was showing 1 point for the Soviets. We counted all the points Germans had and it was 16 - only 1 point off target. Than we switched initative and calculated Soviet points, turnes up they had 18 points (I'm pretty sure of that, might have been 17). Soviets win in Sudden Death!

But wait - if Germans had one more point, they would have won also. So the question is: how is it possible to continue playing past turn 12? One of the players wins anyway. We couted the points few more times and came up to the same thing, 16 to 18.

So, we must have done something wrong, right? I mean, how could the victory margin be so little, I can't even see how we could continue, one more points for Germany and they win as well. It was a rather big dissapointment to see it end in such an anticlimactic way.

Any ideas waht went wrong here? Maybe the red event don't substract points from event VP track? Or we should have counted oil fields?

Please help, we want to play again this weekend and it would be so lame to end in the same situation...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the turn track again - there are two T12 sudden death levels.

For the Germans to win, they must exceed 27 VP.

It's the Russians who must exceed the 16-point level to win.

For the Germans to have only 16 VP, with -1 for Russian event VPs, they would have to have only 5 cities in Russia (since they start the campaign with 12VP for cities & oil in Greater Germany). Taking only 5 cities is doing very poorly for the Germans. They also want to be positive on the event track - if the Russians are at positive levels, the Germans haven't caused enough surrenders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grab
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my, you are so right! I feel so stupid now, we must have been blind or something. We look at the scoring, saw T12 - 16 points sudden death with both colours and thought that both sides need 16. This makes so much sanse now, it's clearly a Soviet victory. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.