Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to check I understand this fully correctly.

If I don't have a pirate ship on the board at the beginning of my turn, I place the pirate ship on a distant sea zone, which is one of the zones with a brown arrow printed on it, with a brown boundary.

This counts as zero moves.

I can now choose to move that ship up to the number on my movement card.

This can be 0 spaces. As a result, I could, if I wished, leave the pirate ship on the distant sea space.

Were I to do that, could the navy ship sink it? Ie are distant sea zones counted as part of the Caribbean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
MrMT wrote:
This can be 0 spaces. As a result, I could, if I wished, leave the pirate ship on the distant sea space.

As I understand it, you must move off the distant sea space. I'm not sure what happens if, owing to some curious turn of events, it is completely hemmed in by other pirate ships and so that's impossible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damerell wrote:
MrMT wrote:

As I understand it, you must move off the distant sea space. I'm not sure what happens if, owing to some curious turn of events, it is completely hemmed in by other pirate ships and so that's impossible.

Is that from a rule, or your sense of what is intended?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
damerell wrote:
MrMT wrote:

In this thread, the designer clears up that you cannot stay on a distant sea space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
MrMT wrote:
damerell wrote:
MrMT wrote:

In this thread, the designer clears up that you cannot stay on a distant sea space.

Good call. I had looked through the threads but hadn't spotted this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the SU&SD review, I see he started in one of the spots next to the distant sea zone.

Is it meant to be that one movement brings you from the brown area to one of the white areas, or that you actually start as 'move 0' on one of the white squares?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Looking at the SU&SD review, I see he started in one of the spots next to the distant sea zone.

Is it meant to be that one movement brings you from the brown area to one of the white areas, or that you actually start as 'move 0' on one of the white squares?

It takes one movement point to move from a distant sea zone to an adjacent area on the board. See this thread for more discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.