Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. As owners of this game know, you only get cups and dice for 4 players. If you take the box insert out, you can fit a 5th cup in the box. I bought 3 sets and I'm making 2 5-cup sets. I'm keeping one but giving the other to a friend. Anyway, I have 2 extra cups. Does anyone want to buy one to add to their 4-cup set? Shipping would be close to $4.00 so I figured I would offer them shipped to anyone interested for $5.00. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM. These are completely mint and unplayed with the dice still in the ziplock bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Both cups have been traded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... why would I buy this game as opposed to buying plastic cups 3/$1 and dice 2 sets/$1? I'm not being a smartass, I'm really curious. Are the cups they give you that nice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Saddleback, covered by a blanket of winter snow
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
A somewhat related answer:

I bought FX Schmid's Bluff from Thought Hammer for $20. The set includes 6 cups, 31 dice, and a board to collect lost dice and to bid on. (The problem the pirate dice guy might have is the board might not go high enough.) As with pirate dice, the dice are custom, with one face wild (the 6 face for Bluff is a star). The Bluff dice don't look as cool as Pirate Dice--they're that classic bad-cheese dice color.

The Bluff dice cups are nice. The difference from most dice cups is that most cups are designed for two dice (backgammon) and not designed to hide the dice while you look at them. Essentially, you want a wide mouth. Perudo sets seem to use plastic drinking cups, which is a good solution if a little cheap-looking.

And, of course, I got the official 1997 Spiel des Jahres rules. Most of my motivation was to reward FX Schmid for keeping the classic version in print.

If you don't want the custom dice, you can definitely go cheaper. Nice Chessex dice are something like $5 for 36, retail--enough for seven. I've seen a gross (144) of dice for $16.50--28 player Bluff, anyone? And you can get cups like Perudo cheaply most anywhere, I'm sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Frederick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Perudo sets seem to use plastic drinking cups, which is a good solution if a little cheap-looking.

Perudo's cups are actually made of a nice soft-ish plastic and are by far my favorite of the dice cups offered (between Bluff/Liar's Dice, and Perudo). A picture of them might look cheesy, but the actual cups are ace.

The pirate cups look really great. I'm curious if the plastic is softer like Perudo (absorbs some of the sound while still allowing for plenty of clack) or more-standard ABS-like plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.