Popular Tags: BattleLore [+] [View All]
Jeremy Carlson
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone pre-ordered this? I am thinking about it. If you have, who did you use?

Cardhause has it with regular shipping $8 at $54 total
Thought hammer with $8 shipping has it for $57 total.

Who is the better one to order from? I think I have ordered from both in the past, but can't remember really

Also, will I get about the same price after this game is officially out, or will I save a few bucks by purchasing it now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwerdtfeger
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is that you won't get the Hill Giant pre-ordering from these guys. DOW isn't providing it to on-line sellers.

If anyone finds out that this isn't true, please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hey Jeremy... My local retailer appears to be ready to do a 20% pre-order discount here (I think they mean pre-paid). That makes the game $54 plus local tax and the Hill Giant will be part of the deal. Have you called any nearby stores to see if they might be doing something of that sort already? Or maybe are willing to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Carlson
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't necessarily care about the Hill Giant thing, but I don't know of any game stores around me (Wheaton, IL), other than a Gamers Paradise, and they are not gonna carry something like this. Sooo...knowing that, is the pre-order online my best bet? What is this game going to sell for when it is officially out? Will the prices online go to 70 then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not simply preorder it directly from DoW?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark camp
United States
Lesser Binghamton Area
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hughthehand wrote:
I don't necessarily care about the Hill Giant thing, but I don't know of any game stores around me (Wheaton, IL), other than a Gamers Paradise, and they are not gonna carry something like this. Sooo...knowing that, is the pre-order online my best bet? What is this game going to sell for when it is officially out? Will the prices online go to 70 then?

I think it's supposed to retail for $70 or $79 when it actually comes out. I've never dealt with Cardhaus, but I know that Thoughthammer typically keeps their discount in the 30-35% range after release. If you want the Hill Giant, you can preorder from DoW, but with no discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Vasey
United States
Lincolnshire
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hughthehand wrote:
I don't necessarily care about the Hill Giant thing, but I don't know of any game stores around me (Wheaton, IL), other than a Gamers Paradise, and they are not gonna carry something like this.

Hi Jeremy. I asked about Battlelore a few weeks ago at a Gamers Paradise (Vernon Hills IL). The guy hadn't heard of it , but said he'd look into it. Haven't heard back yet, but from reading the official DoW blog, it's a little too early anyway. I have seen Memoir '44 its expansions, and all manner of fantasy games in Gamers Paradise, so I'd expect them to stock Battlelore. They've always been helpful and ordered copies of games I'm looking for. The guys in the Gamers Paradise at Woodfield Mall (Schaumburg IL) are pretty knowledgeable, so I think I'll try there. Can't wait for it to be released!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, I'm kinda waiting around a little longer, till DoW have the pre-orders up on their site. I figure by that point any LGS that are doing it will know about it.

That's when I'm gonna start spamming them to see if anyones offering a sweet discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton McHugh
United States
Greenwood Village
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Every bald guy should own at least one great hat.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just did the pre-order at Games Plus! in Mt. Prospect, IL. No money down. cool

The clerk said he had heard about the special bonus for pre-orders but hadn't gotten any solid info from DoW. Let me know they would be calling people when they knew more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Carlson
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy Crap?! That place is still open? I thought I read here a while ago that that place closed. Where in Mt. Prospect? As in major roads? Thnx for info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton McHugh
United States
Greenwood Village
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Every bald guy should own at least one great hat.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's right on the border with Arlington Heights. On Prospect Avenue (runs parallel to NW Highway bu on the west side of the union pacific nw railroad tracks).

Easiest way to get there is to get off I-90 at Arlington Heights Road headed north, take a right on Central Road, then take a right on Prospect avenue (the road right before the tracks). It's about 2 blocks down, with plenty of unmetered street parking right outside.

I actually just bought Cleopatra there today while running some errands in the suburbs.

http://www.games-plus.com/games-plus/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bernhardt
United States
saratoga springs
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Plus is quite excellent; I stopped in there while on vacation in Chicago. They have a ton of out of print stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.