Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

my wife bought this craft machine for paper embossing/cutting projects (outside of board game area) and I was wondering if anyone from the boardgaming crowd is using it as well and if yes, what the experience is?

It has a height-adjustable, A4 width roller and should be usable with many 3rd party dies.

Another question then as well, which dies would you guys recommend to check for token/chit projects? Is there already a thread or geeklist with such?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They say it cuts up to 216 gsm it seems not to be enough for tokens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder why it's limited...

I have a Big Shot die-cutter and have successfully used it for cutting wargame counters accurately and cleanly out of mounting board - I've also used it to cut thick greyboard before, well over 216gsm.

If this one is limited to that paper weight, perhaps it's to do with the variable-height upper roller? The one on mine is fixed inside (so far as I can tell without destroying the device) a die-cast frame, which will be pretty strong.

Anyway, the best dies for game-part use that I found came from Ellison Education's math line:

http://www.ellisoneducation.com/catalog#facets=curriculum~ma...

They have various squares and hexagons and circles and so on - enough for game tokens and tiles. They always used to have a custom-die service as well, although that was a fairly expensive option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.