Subject: Our first tournament, and the power of Cala-Max rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Kirkman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey folks, we're into week 3 of my new column on WizKids, and this week I cover our first D&D Attack Wing tournament! After battling through the first two rounds, I found myself facing the disruptive threat of Cala-Max. With a White Dragon on the line, could I get the job done?

http://wizkidsgames.com/blog/2014/12/09/dd-attack-wing-first...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Beem
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Point of order: on your second bout you said that "ground troops attacking through other ground troops forfeit an attack die". You're a bit off. The benefit is nowhere near as reliable.

To summarize from p.17, this only involves a ground creature attacking a second ground creature through any other ground creatures. Melee and range attacks are both affected. The result is that the defending creature rolls a defense die for EACH interposing creature.

This is also a nice bonus for troops. If you want to target the point soldier from the side/rear and it goes through other soldiers in the troop, the pointman gets a bonus defense die for each soldier through which the attack passes. (p.31)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kirkman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A mix of poorly worded (I'd meant it in the context of the battle taking place, which was indeed with just a single interposing creature) and flat-out wrong (the attack die vs a defense die). Thank you for the clarity on both counts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still rocking the 3BG cheese?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kirkman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Still winning tournaments, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.