Subject: Play testing group in the UK rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ollie Fraser
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi
Me and a group of friends have decided to start a play testing group in the UK. We usually meet up twice a month to play games, does anyone know how we can get our name out to new designers who would like thier games blind play tested?
Any help appreciated
Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen Hendrix
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
I think if you offer your playtesting service on this board you'd get quite a few responses! There are similar Board Game Design groups on the web (e.g. BGDF, Facebook groups) that would be interested too I reckon.

Being UK game designer myself I'm very interested in sending you some prototypes. Could you provide some more info about your group:

Should designers ship physical prototypes to you, or would you be prepared craft a PnP yourself? Could you return a prototype afterward if necessary?
How 'complete' should a game be? Are you open to the no-art first-rules-draft might-be-broken kind of playtesting?
With what kind of group (gaming experience, number of players) and how often would you play it?
What kind of feedback would you give (will you fill out a form if I include it?), and within what timeframe?

Thanks!

P.S. Where are you based? I'm in the North West.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ollie Fraser
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
OK so a little bit more information about us. We usually get together twice a month for a full day of gaming, there are 7 of us but normally 3-4 at one time. We have a varied amount of gaming experience, a few of us have played games for 30 years, others for 3-4 years and a couple who have just started out playing games this year. We play anything from Divine Right to Colt Express to Lords of Waterdeep(Euros, War Games, Americatrash, Party Games, well to be honest my catchphrase is "I will give anything a go").
I am happy to receive prototypes or PnPlay and have no problem with sending prototypes back if needed. We will play prototypes at least once every time we get together(this is a tricky question to answer as it depends on what the game play time is).
I don't mind if there is no art work and a added bonus is that my partner is a editor(but she doesn't really play games) and will happily look through the rules.
Will happily fill out forms if requested or just send e-mails of what we think and we would hope to send this out within a few months of receiving the prototype.
I am based just outside London and you can usually find me at Dragonmeet, Games Expo and Conception conventions.
Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a slightly different note, come along to this (if you aren't already)!

http://www.meetup.com/Playtest/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBrie
msg tools
mbmbmb
I may have a party game for you to test soon. Just waiting for my prototype cards to arrive from the printer. I'll keep in touch and let you know.

Dan:¬)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ollie Fraser
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cool, no worries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stockton-Pitt
United Kingdom
York
flag msg tools
designer
radical8games.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to vouch for these people, they've done a fantastic job just going through my rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamish MacPherson
msg tools
Hello, I have a game that I'd love to see road tested with someone other than my friends. I wonder how I could get it to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Black
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
I am desperate for UK playtesters!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.