GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,551 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

The Captain Is Dead» Forums » General

Subject: The Captain Is In My Closet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jens Alfke
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived two days ago, but it's ostensibly an Xmas present (to myself) so it's still stashed away with the other gifts.

But I can feel it there ... I can practically see it with my eyes closed. My sensitive ears can hear the rattling of the telltale bits within their plastic bags.

What do you think? Are you willing to offer me words of strength, to keep my resolve to honor noble holiday traditions and wait two weeks to open it? Or can you give me some plausible rationalizations for why it makes total sense to tear open the box now and start playing?

--Tormented in San Jose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Open it so you can sort it out, sticker it, and bag it. Then put it away until Xmas. That way when you finally do get to open it (wrap a ribbon on it so you get to physically unwrap it), it will be ready to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Or, and hear me out there. You can sticker one character and one alien every day until Xmas. Like an advent calendar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
I think you should open it and at least read the rules now so that you know how to play it once you are amongst friends and family. You know how distracting friends and family can be, so it will be much harder to read the rules then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rizendefrag wrote:
I think you should open it and at least read the rules...

I thought the rules were available online?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sometimes games don't contain all the components (I've seen it happening, though admittedly not with The Captain Is Dead)... think of the mess you'd get on Christmas Day when you open the box only then to find some key components missing! Better open it now to check and order all missing components so they'll be there on Christmas Day -- I mean, after all, they'll take some time to get there and it'd be totally annoying if you don't get to play it during the holidays?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Alfke
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Horror Leader wrote:
Open it so you can sort it out, sticker it, and bag it. Then put it away until Xmas. That way when you finally do get to open it (wrap a ribbon on it so you get to physically unwrap it), it will be ready to play!

That is a brilliant justification. I love unboxing and token-punching and rule-reading, and yet I'll still be virtuous in leaving the game unplayed till Xmas. In fact I'm being considerate to my family members.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.