Subject: Quick questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to make sure,
1. when it rains (roll of the dice) it is just add one bamboo, correct?

2. Irrigation adds the bamboo on the plots now irrigated where you placed it, not the entire board

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scout13 wrote:
I just want to make sure,
1. when it rains (roll of the dice) it is just add one bamboo, correct?

You would add bamboo to one plot that is irrigated. Normally this is one piece, but if it is a fertilizer plot, you would add two pieces.

Quote:
2. Irrigation adds the bamboo on the plots now irrigated where you placed it, not the entire board

Thanks

Yes, it adds bamboo to a plot that previously has never grown bamboo. It's as if you just placed that plot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you irrigated between two plots that were not irrigated, they would both get it then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C L
United States
Fairborn
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
scout13 wrote:
if you irrigated between two plots that were not irrigated, they would both get it then?

Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scout13 wrote:
see confirmaton in the final sentence from this quote

When a plot is irrigated for the first time, a section of bamboo of its color is added. A plot is eligible for this first shoot only once. If an irrigation channel irrigates two plots simultaneously, a section of bamboo is added to each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Miesner
United States
Napoleon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to irrigate two plots for the first time at the same time? Wouldn't one of the plots have to have been irrigated to get the irrigation line there in the first place? (Not that it would change any rules, just wondering about the theoretical side of it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may not be imagining situations where more than one irrigation channel (from a player's stockpile) is placed at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, it is theoretically possible to never irrigate the tiles you place, then slap down all the irrigation in one shot. Only the 6 around the start would have to be irrigated from their first placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Miesner
United States
Napoleon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, good point. I don't usually hang on to my irrigation that long, and I didn't think about laying multiple irrigation at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We actually had it come up further in the game when two plots had been placed side by side
And then the plots were irrigated by myself, right in the middle

Now my oldest kept asking why is it only raining in one spot?
Wouldn't it water all the plots as it works its way down the channel?
Lol
We almost had a forest in very few rounds when we were just playing around with that rule

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.