Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The upcoming Builder is good against Kit:
ICE: Code Gate • 2 cr • 4 str • 1 inf
Weyland Consortium • Order and Chaos
click: Move this piece of ice to the outermost position protecting any server.
-> Place 1 advancement token on a piece of ice protecting this server that can be advanced.
-> Place 1 advancement token on a piece of ice protecting this server that can be advanced.

Its good not because of the subroutines - she'll break them easily, and even if she doesn't, they may not apply to the ICE on the ICE on this server.

Builder good because, once you get it rezzed, it can be reinstalled to your weakest server where it soaks Kit's ability. It does this without an install cost. It's also cheap.

It remains to be seen if it's an all-around good enough card that it'll actually get play enough to hurt Kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Ruman
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Maybe I'm missing a big chunk of the meta but ... I don't see Kit running rough shot on the tournament standings. Why a counter card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Surely it's not there as Kit Hate, but as the saying goes:

Quote:
If the shoe kits, wear it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soda Popinski
msg tools
mbmb
It looks like a pain in the butt is what it looks like...

It's one of those ice that you do and don't want to break.. You probably should though..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Kit with Yogasaurus is a thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
The OP recognizes this:
MrWeasely wrote:

Its good not because of the subroutines - she'll break them easily, and even if she doesn't, they may not apply to the ICE on the ICE on this server.

Builder good because, once you get it rezzed, it can be reinstalled to your weakest server where it soaks Kit's ability. It does this without an install cost. It's also cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure.

Soaking Kit's ability is fine. She's going to have other breakers out to contend with other types of ICE such as Barriers and Sentries.

One could argue that Pop Up is good against Kit because it soaks up her ability as well and it's free to rez for the Corp and the gain a credit every time as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would argue that pop-up and builder (to a greater extent) are both good against Kit. Pop-up is good because it's a 0-cost ice that still does something valuable when yogged through. Builder is good because it can save on ice installation costs and provide more protection against Tinkering/Paintbrush runs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
I don't know if Kit really warrants running a counter, but builder seems a really interesting piece of ice in itself. It's very very taxing for its cost and it can be moved with a click.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It can also be a counter to Inside Job, which is pretty strong, so it's not like it's only use is soaking kit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soda Popinski
msg tools
mbmb
I really don´t get the argument about "soaking" Kits ability.

I play a LOT of Kit, almost exclusively..

I'm always happy to see a code gate on a server. That means i can get two runs in on turn, one on another server (that has a barrier/sentry in front) and one on the server with the code gate.

The point being, I don´t try to use Kits ability as much as possible. I try to get into servers as much as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
soda_popinski wrote:
I really don´t get the argument about "soaking" Kits ability.

I play a LOT of Kit, almost exclusively..

I'm always happy to see a code gate on a server. That means i can get two runs in on turn, one on another server (that has a barrier/sentry in front)

This is why I always tried to put a Code Gate (ideally Pop-ups) outside every server when playing against Kit (which a hard EtR of some kind behind)

You can 'soak' Kit's ability; but in doing so you may end up playing sub-optimally, which in turn is making the Runner's job easier. I always find playing against Kit and Nasir to be an interesting puzzle (I imagine Quetzal/Leela must be the same but I've played very little against one and never against the other).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.