GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,366 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

V-Commandos» Forums » General

Subject: "Innovative stealth and infiltration mechanics"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the part of playing a commando I'm most interested in. What are these mechanisms exactly? I don't see any explanation of a stealth check in the rules (though I understand they're WIP rules at this point).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Blanchette
Canada
Roxton Pond
Québec
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven is the only game now! -_^
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at the part 1 gameplay video on the Kickstarter's page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
enzo622 wrote:
This is the part of playing a commando I'm most interested in. What are these mechanisms exactly? I don't see any explanation of a stealth check in the rules (though I understand they're WIP rules at this point).

Hi, did you check Ricky's videos? I think you will find info here @ 7:19:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebBUCTbp8Xo#t=439

Stealth check rule is at the end of page 2 in the rulebook.

I hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
enzo622 wrote:

The game looks to be a lot of fun to play, sort of like a stealth version of Zombicide in a WWII setting. However, "Innovative stealth and infiltration mechanics" seems a slight exaggeration. You can stealthily move to small tile for 1AP, but must spend 2AP to stealthily move into a medium tile, while you are always automatically spotted if you enter a large tile. If there is an enemy in a tile you snuck into, you must roll a 6-sided die, and get 3+ to avoid detection.

So the rolling of a die to stay hidden is certainly not innovative, but the movement system seems to work well.

Have you backed the project, Kurt?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
badge
muwins.ch
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you can wear an enemy uniform which makes you invisible even when entering/on a large tile (again, as long as you pass the stealth check with the die). And being stealthy gives you a chance to take down an enemy in close combat (automatic success), quite possibly without making any noise - the latter depends on the loot drop of the killed unit.

I wouldn't say that "innovative stealth and infiltration mechanics" is exaggerated, though, since I haven't seen this combination of mechanisms applied in any other board game. But I can see how at first it might make you expect something more complex than what it actually is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.