4 Posts

Star Realms» Forums » General

Subject: Card of The Week: The Ram rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Clingman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another Fan Favorite for Card of the Week, It's the RAM. How do you guys make best use of this card? Do you keep it around or sac it to buy a bigger blob. Got any questions on how to use this card. Drop them in here and we'll try to answer them on this week's Megahaulin' - A Star Realms Podcast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Gartner
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I buy this card early to control enemy bases or to participate in an aggro strategy.

If the trade row has Brain World, the game winner will often be the person who buys Brain World. In these games, I'm reluctant to buy ANY cards that don't contribute to my trade, because that lowers my odds of scoring an 8-trade hand.

In these Ram is great because I only need it for one big purposes. I'm probably in decent shape if I can buy Brain World early. In that sense it is very efficient as an economy card AND applies pressure in the case that I never put together an 8-trade hand.

And of course it is a nice early card that fits into a big purchase or an aggressive strategy. This is pretty rare versatility - only Patrol Mech or maybe Cutter have the ability to both boost economy and attack for a significant amount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cutter and Patrol Mech are pretty damn good company to be in. Definitely a high value pick, especially in the early game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 Combat packs a whallop, especially early on.

The fact that you can regain your purchase price by scrapping it makes it hard to pass this one up, especially early in the game.

And yes, as others have mentioned, having the 3 Trade available to snag a nice 8-cost card from the Trade Row is a big plus.

Later in the game, if it's not a nice fit for my deck, I will usually hold off on it unless I deem the 5 Combat to be better than another potential combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.