GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,351 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Uncanny X-Men» Forums » Strategy

Subject: X-23 in a team build rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clare H
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Does anyone have some ideas for using X-23 effectively on a team? I love the character and have CU&R cards. I just never end up using her because I can't figure out what would work well with her cards.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryce kartchner
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can’t think of good reasons to use her card either. You could use her in a deck that specializes in knocking out other characters and attacking with a character with high attack stats. However, Wolverine and Black Panther can usually do it better. I don’t use her as I always prefer one of the other dice, who have good attack stats and at least one card that is a four energy purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare H
United States
New York
flag msg tools
It's a little frustrating to have cards and dice that aren't much use. Maybe they'll be a card in a future set that will make her super useful.

I can dream. lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, only thing I could think of was a team based around using "Thrown Car" since she hits big. But agreed with above, Wolverine and Black Panther are probably better options. Although Wolverine is most effective when he attacks alone, which is not often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Honeycutt
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
i took her ability to be intended for occupying the big blockers while someone else got rhough to do massive damage to your opponents. Put her in a deck of Avengers with the nick Fury that doubles unblocked Avengers damage. Have X-23 occupy the other sides biggest blocker (say a Mr. Fantastic or someone else similarly built to absorb alot of damage) and you could potentially have a knockout blow from someone like Thor whose damage is now doubled because of Fury.

Not a foolproof plan, obviously, but this is how I see this character being used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Macaranas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I used a common x-23 in a UXM rainbow draft and she worked out pretty well as a hard hitter. However, in constructed, I would rather use Wolverine to hit hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I havent used her yet, she reminds me of Gamble, Rogue, Vibranium Shield in that they are never to be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare H
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks for the responses. Some good ideas for how to use her in a sealed event. For now she'll stay looking pretty in my folder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sias Mey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ive used Gambit and Vibranium shield to pretty decent effect recently.

But yes, X-23 is still a bit of a puzzle. Toad is a big problem for the big hit low life characters like Punisher, Wolverine .. and he solidly shuts down Black Panther.

Mybe in a Gambit: Cardsharp deck where you have gambit and big hitters to the exclusion of everything else though.

If Affiliation becomes a bigger negative than it is right now, She might be something we see a bit more often, since many of the other big hitters are affiliated. By this I mean more cards like "Take that Villian" but "Take that ..., pick an affiliation, characters of that affiliation are knocked out" kind of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at Gamble it doesnt take long to see how grossly inefficient he is.

With X-23 she does some things well, it is just that there are other characters who do it better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Honeycutt
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Mabuchi wrote:

With X-23 she does some things well, it is just that there are other characters who do it better.

I disagree with Gambit for a few reasons:

1) His ability to help you draw and roll dice can be huge, in all three versions. Free damage with one version, extra dice in your reserve with another, and free fielded characters with the third. What's not to like?.

2) In a worst case scenario, he makes for an effective blocker, specifically on his third level (4/4) side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Honeycutt
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
I do agree that x-23 is overshadowed by other characters, I was only hoping to illustrate what she could do is she were your only hope (say a blind tourney type set up)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have X-23, Scent of Murder in a team where I needed a hard-hitting 4-fist character to go in alongside Cyclops, If Looks Could Kill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Gibson
United Kingdom
Taunton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabuchi wrote:

Why do you think he is so inefficient?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.