Subject: 2 or more Katanas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zemfreed Zelafin
msg tools
Katana: If you play multiple Katanas on your turn, your non-Katana
Weapon cards will benefit from each one, and the damage will
add up fast. Each instance of + 1 damage can affect the other
Katanas you play during that turn, but each does not affect itself.

So if you play 2 Katana and 2 non-weapon cards would you do?
1. 10 damage (Katana for 2, +2 for Non-Katana cards and +1 for the other Katan)+(Katana for 2, +2 for Non-Katana cards and +1 for the other Katan)
2. 8 (Katana for 2, +2 for Non-Katana cards)+(Katana for 2, +2 for Non-Katana cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are quoting Rulebook p. 24. In your situation (I assume all cards are played during the same turn), each Katana does 3 points of damage (one Katana affects the other but not itself) for a total of 6. The non-weapon cards (I would assume they are basic cards) deal 1 point each, for a total of 2 points. Then, a total of 8 damages is inflicted.

Remember that non-weapon cards are not affected by the Katana. Only Weapon cards (black cards, but excluding the actual Katana being played, thus other Katana cards can be affected if played) are affected by a Katana.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamelrha wrote:
You are quoting Rulebook p. 24. In your situation (I assume all cards are played during the same turn), each Katana does 3 points of damage (one Katana affects the other but not itself) for a total of 6. The non-weapon cards (I would assume they are basic cards) deal 1 point each, for a total of 2 points. Then, a total of 8 damages is inflicted.

Remember that non-weapon cards are not affected by the Katana. Only Weapon cards (black cards, but excluding the actual Katana being played, thus other Katana cards can be affected if played) are affected by a Katana.
he was saying non katana cards, I assume he was meaning weapon, non katana cards, in which case you would do

Katana 3 (2+1)
Katana 3 (2+1)
basic weapon card 3 (1+1+1)
basic weapon card 3 (1+1+1)

in which case you do 12 damage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well he said "So if you play 2 Katana and 2 non-weapon cards would you do?" The "non-katana" part at the beginning of OP is part of a quote from the rulebook.

In the case of two non-katana weapons cards, your total is indeed correct. Rather impressive damage!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamelrha wrote:
Well he said "So if you play 2 Katana and 2 non-weapon cards would you do?" The "non-katana" part at the beginning of OP is part of a quote from the rulebook.

In the case of two non-katana weapons cards, your total is indeed correct. Rather impressive damage!
yeah your right I miss read. and yes it is impressive damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion Anderson
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
It's quite good, but nothing special compared to 2x deathtouch 2x mana or 2x retrieval agent with a mark and a backdoor in the discard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Williams
United States
Stockton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Katanas do not buff each other. FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bobson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/32934409#32934409

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphaborn wrote:
Katanas do not buff each other. FAQ.
Yes, they do.

Quote:
Katana: If you play multiple Katanas on your turn, your non-Katana
Weapon cards will benefit from each one, and the damage will
add up fast. Each instance of + 1 damage can affect the other
Katanas you play during that turn, but each does not affect itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls