Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say that I am holding two expedition cards in my hand. I'm trying to build a colony. I draw my two expedition cards off the draw pile as per the rules, but I do not have enough colonists to form a colony. Can I use my saved expedition cards to help me meet my goal to form the colony I couldn't otherwise form?

When using saved expedition cards can you only use the action on the card, or can you use the colonists on them as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you cannot use the colonist value listed on the expedition cards in hand to augment a found colony action. You can only use the value on the flipped cards and the colonist value on your success track. Expedition cards are only used for their actions or scoring at the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear, the cards have THREE distinct and separate functions:

1. some sort of special ability for use during an action
2. 1,2 or 3 colonists, used ONLY when drawn during 'found a colony' action.
3. one of five (or is it six? Doesn't matter) symbols for final scoring.

Actions 1 & 3 involve the Expedition cards in your hand. Action 2 involves ONLY those two cards drawn during the 'found a colony' action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreadnaut wrote:
No, you cannot use the colonist value listed on the expedition cards in hand to augment a found colony action. You can only use the value on the flipped cards and the colonist value on your success track. Expedition cards are only used for their actions or scoring at the end of the game.

AND any pure colonist cards in your hand of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be helpful to not say that you draw cards when attempting to found a colony. You simply flip them over - they are immediately discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.