Hide
16 Posts

All Things Zombie: The Boardgame» Forums » General

Subject: ATZ-Outbreak from LnL - coming soon! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Warren
msg tools
Ed has started sharing information about ATZ-Outbreak being published by LnL. Bascially, it combines the best of the mini & boardgame rules.

http://2hourblog.blogspot.com/2014/12/atz-outbreak-lnl-board...

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/atz-outbreak-coming-...

Sounds awesome to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eke_warren wrote:
Ed has started sharing information about ATZ-Outbreak being published by LnL. Bascially, it combines the best of the mini & boardgame rules.

http://2hourblog.blogspot.com/2014/12/atz-outbreak-lnl-board...

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/atz-outbreak-coming-...

Sounds awesome to me!

I think I'll need to see the finished product before I bite. The original game was too much of a disappointment for me.

I do have Is there going to be a campaign system? How easy is it to port over the supplements from the minis game? Also, has the stacking limits/map scale from the boardgame being addressed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
This game is different in that I am the game designer and have final approval so the game will be "true" to the miniatures game.

There IS a campaign system and like other THW products we have highly re-playable Encounters where no two will ever play the same. Personally I can't stand scenarios that tell you what to do and how to do it. The ones in Outbreak are not that way.

As for bringing the supplements from the minis game, totally easy. Outbreak keeps the flavor and of minis while combining board game components that removes looking at tables.

Hope this helps.
Ed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
az_sunsets73 wrote:
This game is different in that I am the game designer and have final approval so the game will be "true" to the miniatures game.

There IS a campaign system and like other THW products we have highly re-playable Encounters where no two will ever play the same. Personally I can't stand scenarios that tell you what to do and how to do it. The ones in Outbreak are not that way.

As for bringing the supplements from the minis game, totally easy. Outbreak keeps the flavor and of minis while combining board game components that removes looking at tables.

Hope this helps.
Ed

Yes, that helps a lot. Thanks for the info. You have definitely got me interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The original game was too much of a disappointment for me.

I have to agree, can't wait for the update after reading the mini rules which I really like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Here's a link to a AAR or the game. NOT the current components, I had to make do as they are still being printed.

http://2hourblog.blogspot.com/2014/12/atz-outbreak-aar.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Galati
United States
Manalapan
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I want this game and I want it now! :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

Just a quick name change update. All Things Zombie Outbreak is now All Things Zombie Reloaded.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fred degard
France
flag msg tools
i am french and now what about this project ?
this is an extension or a new game ?
a date release ?
a price ?
a french traduction ^^ ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Warren
msg tools
barakajeux wrote:
i am french and now what about this project ?
this is an extension or a new game ?
a date release ?
a price ?
a french traduction ^^ ?

It's a new game, but I believe some of the components may be the same as the original. However, there are new rules, campaign system, new counters, new boards ...

David @LNL said they're looking at February for release, but there wasn't a price available yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
New rules; it's the game that mirrors the minis rules with board game components New event cards, some new counters, some new maps added to the old ones. Smoother mechanics. It's not just a game about killing zombies like the old board game was. There's a full blown campaign system that gives you a reason to play over and over.

Existing components in the original can be used ,but some items would need to be added.

As for a translation, that would be David's question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rabuck
United States
Palm Harbor
Fl
flag msg tools
Denim Theatre
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on this? Its already mid-Zedruary...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Yes, new name - ATZ Reloaded.

Finals are done. waiting on the counters, should be here early March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a fan of ATZ the minis game as well as FNG from THW. The ATZ boardgame interested me because I don't have the time or inclination to support the minis game and could use a more self-contained product with everything needed, however, the poor reviews of the first ATZ boardgame drove me away. I'm very eager to see this new game and hope it lives up to the mini game's campaign mode and replayability. I'm particularly excited to see the tiles and what variety of terrain we may encounter. Good luck Ed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
charlest wrote:
I'm a fan of ATZ the minis game as well as FNG from THW. The ATZ boardgame interested me because I don't have the time or inclination to support the minis game and could use a more self-contained product with everything needed, however, the poor reviews of the first ATZ boardgame drove me away. I'm very eager to see this new game and hope it lives up to the mini game's campaign mode and replayability. I'm particularly excited to see the tiles and what variety of terrain we may encounter. Good luck Ed.

The difference between the 1st ATZ Board Game and All Things Zombie - Reloaded, the new one, is that this time it's my game. I had total control of the project and it is the game that best reflects the highly successful Origins Award winning minis game.

I'll be posting more how to reports once the game is out and I have the actual components.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
az_sunsets73 wrote:
charlest wrote:

The difference between the 1st ATZ Board Game and All Things Zombie - Reloaded, the new one, is that this time it's my game. I had total control of the project and it is the game that best reflects the highly successful Origins Award winning minis game.

I'll be posting more how to reports once the game is out and I have the actual components.

Hope this helps.

Fantastic news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.