Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shannon McNair
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the T&E fans out there, I'd like to alert you to the fact that there is a very attractive and usuable implimentation of Tigris and Euprates online, but on a website that up until now I've been unfamiliar with. While the game does have an AI for playing SOLO, I find it to be very weak. There seems to a trickle of traffic through there, enough that someone has always eventually showed up when I wanted to play. I'm thiking it could be a lot more traffic if people actually knew it was there. To that end, I recently submitted the link to the place, but I'll supply it here as well.

https://www.gametableonline.com/index.php

The artwork seems to be the same used for the Hans im Glück version (not Mayfair) and it looks very clean and, well, official looking. Sample icons as they appear in gameplay:

[IMG]http://[/IMG]

And so on.

Hoping that by posting here, we'll see some of the fans over there. I'm in no way associated with the site, by the way. Just interested in getting the word out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do know you can play it online here don't you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon McNair
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but the version here on the Geek is turn by notification. I suppose I should have mentioned in the original post that the game is played in real time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo B.
Italy
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Yes, and another difference worth to mention is that Game Table Online is not a free site: 4.99$/month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume G.
Switzerland
Genève
flag msg tools
geneva.swissgo.org
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would add that Vassal is another way to play online real time... for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time I use Vassal, my 16 MBit connect gets disconnected. I am fine connecting to almost every other form of server, but Vassal. Also, the game seems pretty awkward to play on Vassal. It seems better suited for wargames, imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Moratti
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's been there for some time. I've played there but much prefer the play-by-email game right here at the Geek. That is, of course, if you play with gamers who make their moves in a timely manner.

And I'm glad you have provided a forum to give a shout out to the Geek yet again: PLEASE BRING BACK THE GAMER STATS FOR THE GAME HERE!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.