Mark King
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am trying to find the rules section governing hero movement in a fight.

Are the movement rules restricted to Move then action or am I free to move, act then move again?

I'm sure there is a ruling but I cannot find it!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kell zilla
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Move, then act. Once your character has finished his or her activation, their turn is complete. I don't have the booklet with me but I remember looking this up because it came up in our first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark King
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks. I was fairly sure there was a restriction. Move then act (and act is to fight/scavenge/look through door).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it is under the section of hero activation on page 11 in the rulebook;
"when a hero is activated they may move and THEN either search or attack.."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's broken down like this:

1) Always roll for movement regardless if you plan to Move (in case of a roll of 1 for Grit).

2) If you plan on Moving, now is when you Move. If you need to roll an Escape due to being adjacent to a monster, do so now.

3a) After Move, you may Search (outside of combat), which constitutes Scavenging -OR- Looking Through a Door.

3b) If you are in a Fight, you cannot Search. Instead you may Attack.

**Note that you may use sidebag tokens, and presumably even do OTHER stuff outside of this order of events (and even during another player's turn), you just may not Move, Search, or Attack anytime except during this order of events during your character's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
It's broken down like this:

1) Always roll for movement regardless if you plan to Move (in case of a roll of 1 for Grit).

2) If you plan on Moving, now is when you Move. If you need to roll an Escape due to being adjacent to a monster, do so now.

3a) After Move, you may Search (outside of combat), which constitutes Scavenging -OR- Looking Through a Door.

3b) If you are in a Fight, you cannot Search. Instead you may Attack.

**Note that you may use sidebag tokens, and presumably even do OTHER stuff outside of this order of events (and even during another player's turn), you just may not Move, Search, or Attack anytime except during this order of events during your character's turn.

I dont want to hijack, but it would be really nice to know if you really can do all other stuff (like Marshalls End of the Line) out of your Activation or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark King
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
it is under the section of hero activation on page 11 in the rulebook;
"when a hero is activated they may move and THEN either search or attack.."

Thanks for the reference. I love the game but find the rulebook layout doesn't flow terribly well so little things like this get lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:

I dont want to hijack, but it would be really nice to know if you really can do all other stuff (like Marshalls End of the Line) out of your Activation or not.

Yes, in general, as long as it doesn't affect your action or interrupt damage being applied, you can use them at any time. So, for example, the Marshall's EOTL ability could not be used after a monster hits a Hero (with the intent to kill it before the damage).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.