Subject: Prize rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Poulsen
Denmark
Randers
flag msg tools
Hello everyone
I am looking to buy this game, but must say that I am very confused abount the span in prizing.

Can someone please help explain to me why there is such a big difference in the prize on games that are clased the same (new, good as new ect.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Poulsen
Denmark
Randers
flag msg tools
Price

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guntzelnick wrote:
Hello everyone
I am looking to buy this game, but must say that I am very confused abount the span in prizing.

Can someone please help explain to me why there is such a big difference in the prize on games that are clased the same (new, good as new ect.)

Probably a number of reasons, firstly in many cases the price range isn't all that great in many cases bearing in mind the relative values of US dollars, Euros, GB pounds etc. Secondly it is a hard to get hold of game so people set their own prices according to what they think they can get, some people are in no hurry to sell so may set their prices higher, others may want to clear space or simply are not interested in making a substantial profit and so set a lower price. Finally most of the higher prices are in the US whereas the game was published in the UK, so it was probably more expensive there anyway due to shipping costs etc. Being based on the UK invasion of the Falkland Islands it is probably is of more limited interest in the US and hence rarer due to fewer imported copies, so those that are in the US are at a premium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Poulsen
Denmark
Randers
flag msg tools
Allright. So if I understand you correctly, the difference in price does not cover some badly produced 1. edition or other incomplete or outdated version of the game.

That is good to know. Thank you very much for you answer

Thomas

PS: Archaelogists rule!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guntzelnick wrote:
Allright. So if I understand you correctly, the difference in price does not cover some badly produced 1. edition or other incomplete or outdated version of the game.

That is good to know. Thank you very much for you answer

Thomas

PS: Archaelogists rule!!

Don't they use a theodolite for measuring?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas

This was a very popular game, it sold out right away and then there have been two more printings, three in all. They are all identical, just printing more copies.

You can't go wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.