Subject: WW: Dragonlance - The War of the Lance (Aborted) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rey jr
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This will be my next project.
I'm building the mechanics, who I expect to work.
And Im oppening the Signups because I think that with this amount of information about the rules, somebody could be interested. But I warn you that the rules can change untill the the game start. When the game start? Don't Know!!! First we must fill the places...

For you who don't know what is Dragonlance:
It's a RPG and an Epic Romance, based on Medieval Fantasy of Dungeons & Dragons RPG.
You don't have to be familiarized with the scenario to play the game. The game kind of explains himself. But if you do know the scenario, that's better. You'll have the chance to play with Caramon, Raistlin, Kitiara and even with Lord Soth if you are lucky.

A little bit of History
The history of Krynn, world of Dragonlance Scenario is a complex, well detailed and Huge one. It will require more than one topic to discuss all the twists in this world, where the Gods have great influence.
We'll focus on the War of the Lance, described in 3 romances wich I strongly recomend.
The War of the Lance was the way founded by the evil godess Takhisis, The Queen of the Darkness to take the world of Krynn.
She builded a large Army formed by Dragons, Draconians, Goblins, Undeads and types of fiendish creatures, along with greed Humans, Elves and Dwarves. This Army was really powerfull and splitted in 5 "wings": Red, Green, Blue, White and Black (All of them represented by a Dragon Overlord and Dragons of the specific cromatic colors). They conquered a large part of the world and was stopped only by the Heros of the Lance. The Heros of the Lance was a group of friends who could rely on the power of good to craft the legendary Dragon Lances and vanquish the Dragon and the Overlords.
But that was THEIR history, here we gonna make our history and Takhisis can win, depend upon you, player!
"My word is my honor and my honor is my life"
Sturm Brightblade, Knight of Solamnia.

RULES

The War of the Lance isn't like a normal Werewolf game.
Here you will know your allies and your foes.
The Battlefield will count with TEN characters each side.
Ten Heroes of the Lance (good) and Ten Servants of Takhisis (evil).
Your objective is to make your side win by killing the members of the other army, easy heh?

How to kill?
You will attack a foe by voting him.
Ex.: [vote Pharaz] is the same as attack his character.
Each vote that a Character receives count as an attack from an enemy. This attacks can cause 1 or more Points of Damage depending of the Character.
In the course of a Round you can perform only one attack, except when explicity stated otherwise.
By the final of the round, the attacks will be calculated (as rules will determine) and as result, one or more characters can be killed, harmed, healed or leave the round without a scratch.
If a character receive more Points of Damage than he can resist, so he is Dead.

Armor Class and Hit Points
Every Character can resist a certain amount of damage before fell on battleground.
This resistance is determined by his Armor Class and his Hit Points.
Armor Class is how well a character can avoid damage. It's a sum of the Character Armor and his natural Dexterity.
The first Damage that you receive will first stop on his Armor Class, the subsequent damages will remove hit points.
Ex.: If you have AC 3 and take one attack of 2 PoD, your AC will avoid this damage, but until the end of the round you'll have AC 1, because you used your 2 points to parry (or dodge) the first attack.
And No, you can't choose which attack will you avoid or wich you will "let hit". You'll see that in "First things first", below.

The Hit Point is a "gauge" who tell you how much damage you can take and stay alive, once the attacks has winned your Armor Class. This gauge can (and will) change during the Battle, be carefull.

Example: Imagine that Riverwind, The Plainsman Barbarian has Armor Class of 3 (Natural Dex + Armor of Wolf Pelt) and HP of 4 due his physical Constituition.
If Riverwind take 3 Points of Damage, his AC hold the Attack and he don't get harmed. If in the same Round he takes another Damage, he lose HP.
If Riverwind take 4 Points of Damage, this means that his AC of 3 blocked 3 Point and he get 1 Point of Damage.
If Riverwind take 7 point of Damage, he is dead, since 3 of AC blocked the Attack but the other 4 PoD Harmed him until his limit, killing the Barbarian.
It's important to note that some attacks can cause more than one PoD. Thus you still have One attack per Round but this attack can cause 1 or more PoD depending of the situation and of your character.

The Round

Each day from [dawn] to [dusk] is a Round of Battle.
From [dusk] 'till [dawn] is the Night Truce and even the most foul beast respect this law of war.
It may happen that certain habilities could only be used in the Night. But that's ok. Is part of the game.
As in real life the Dawn-to-Dusk will have a limit time-period. This period will be defined. But since one day is never like the other, this time-limit can change trough the course of the game.

Comunication in the Battlefield
In the chaos of battle is almos impossible to do private talks. Thus, everyone has to "shout" his orders, thoughts and argumentations.
I will ask you to do a little roleplay and speak in the forum as you would speak (or shout, or scream or shriek) in a battlefield.
Conversasions are possible by its a chaotic one, since everyone is paying attention to the battle and the enemies are close.
That also means that during the Battle Round nobody has PM Rights, the Forum is the place to make yourself to be heard.
During the Night, each side can talk privately on his camps, by PMing his fellows.
But as the Day arise, the War restart, and no one has privacy anymore.

The Wounded & The Healed
If a character receive enough PoD, he can be harmed. If he stop receiving damage, he don't die, but remains wounded. That means that his effective HP is lower that normal and now he can take less PoD untill Die. His AC to the next round is restored again, unless stated otherwise.
Certains characters can heal himself or the others, and this amount is specified to each character. Thus a character cannot heal more damage than his total in the beggining of the game.
Ex.: If you have an original HP of 8, in this moment have 3 and receive a Healing of 7 HP, you will heal only untill 8 HP again and will not increase to 10 HP (3+7).
But it is possible to change the Max Number of HP due to certains powers or abilities.
Heal Powers and Spells can be used during the day or the night.
A good night of rest is a wonderfull healer. If during the period of [Dusk] untill [Dawn] you don't post in the forum (wich is not allowed, by the way, since its night) and don't send or reply any PM you recover 2 HP.
Obs: PMs Off-Game with doubts and questions to the Mod are allowed (and only to the Mod.)

The Characters
Every player will control an unique character.
Every character has his own abilities and atributes.
Some characters will be combat-headed, others more sneakers, others will use Divine and Arcane Magics.
The powers and abilities are unique to every character and only his player know what his character do.
Even if you didn't had to think much to figure out what Raistlin does (if you know the character from the romances) you'll hardly know what he does IN THIS GAME.
Ex.: Raistlin cast Spells, yes, but What Spells? And How? That's what I'm Talking about.
Every character, thou, have some points in common. This is a parameter for you to know how strong, on agile your character is.
Every Character have entries in Common, called Atributes:

Attack (ATK): Attack is how many Points of Damage you do with one vote. Alas, if Riverwind have ATK 2, if he [vote pharaz], he is causing 2 Points of Damage in him. That attack will be computed and in the end of the Round all attacks together will be Applied on the Target.
Armor Class (AC) : As said above, AC is how well a Character can protect himself before Start losing Hit Points
Hit Points (HP) : HP is the measure of the Life of a Character. A character can stand and fight until the limit of his HP, beyond that, he is dead.
Power/Ability : The power or ability is different to each character. Power is a supernatural condition like Magic and Ability is a technique that the character masters.
Some powers and Abilities tend to be identical to characters with the same combat-orientation (like Magic Spells for Wizards or Sneak Feats to Rogues)

A character atribute will be given to his player by PM and only he will know exactly what his character does, how many injuries he can take or How well he can parry attacks.
And it's important to say that ALL characters will be Equivalents.
If you know Lord Soth from the Romance you know that this Death Knight alone can utterly destroy MANY Armies, without any Damage in his Black Armor, but in this game, he'll be as powerfull as the other characters, to preserv the common-sense.

First things first
Some actions take precedence in the Round.
This is defined by the post of the players. Who post first act first, simple as that. But the results only appear inthe resolution of the Battle.
For instance, if Riverwnd Attack Kitiara and this attack kill her, the Kitiara's player can act and even attack untill [Dusk], but in the resolution of the battle, if she was killed before act, all his actions will be discarded.

Lets see an example of combat.
Player's Characters:
Player 1 Joseph - Character Ryan: ATK 3; AC 2; HP 1
Player 2 Mary - Character Bryan: ATK 1; AC 2; HP 1 - Power: Spell "Fear"
Player 3 Peter - Character Kryan: ATK 2; AC 2; HP 2
Player 4 Mathew - Character Fryan: ATK 2; AC 2; HP 1 - Ability - Shield Protetcion

Posts in the Forum:
Player 1 - [vote Mary]
Player 4 - Use Ability on Mary
Player 3 - [vote Mary]
Player 2 - Use Spell on Joseph

Resolution of the battle:

Ryan swing his sword and hit Bryan in the chest
Bryan receive 3 ATK, Parry 2 with his AC and take 1 HP, who is enough to kill him - Bryan is Dead.
Fryan see the peril and run to Protect her Friend. But is to late.
Kryan, bloodthirsty attack the inert corpse of Bryan. No good.
Bryan was casting a spell but died before finish the ritual...

By the Dusk the result is.
Bryan is Dead.
All other Characters wasn't hurted.

Note that the situation could be different if the order of the posts were different... That's part of the game.

Cast of Characters

Good
Tanis Half-Elven (half-elf)
Caramon Majere (human)
Raistlin Majere (human)
Laurana (elf)
Goldmoon (human)
Riverwind (human)
Flint Fireforge (dwarf)
Tasslehoff Burrfoot (kender)
Sturm Brightblade (human)
Tika Wayland (human)

Evil
Lord Ariakas (human)
Kitiara Uth Matar.(human)
Lord Soth (undead)
Dalamar, The Dark (elf)
Verminaard (human)
Feal-Thas (elf)
Bakaris (human)
Fewmaster Toede (hobgoblin)
Seeker Hedrick (human)
Baaz (draconian)

(To Be Continued)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rey jr
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: WW: Dragonlance - The war of the lance (IN CONSTRUCTION)
List of Players:

1. kuchick
2. keethrax
3. rasattack
4. PolkaDotSox
5. bluebehir

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rey jr
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and another one, so the previous don't feel lonely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like fun already, keep us posted...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: WW: Dragonlance - The War of the Lance (Sign ups)
Player List According to Cassandra:
DarthVain
Luthien
PolkaDotSox
rasattack
wiz8mom

5 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1283...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This definitely looks interesting ... I'll have to wait and see if I'll have time to sign up, but I really enjoyed the books (even though I only read the four ...)

*MG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Don't make me bust out the drama!!
badge
Panda is a Werewolf. The Village wins!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... I'm not sure I'm ready for something complex... and I have to watch my time, but I love Dragonlance... SHIRAK! I'm gonna keep an eye on this one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one's strange enough I'm not even sure it counts as a WW game anymore. But I'm game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rey jr
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keethrax wrote:
This one's strange enough I'm not even sure it counts as a WW game anymore. But I'm game.

Rest assured that the game will have its "wolfy" moments. Note that I didn't posted the role of each character in the main rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rasmussen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Kisu~
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beth Kearney
United States
Howard County
Maryland
flag msg tools
HI BUDDY!!!

I claim a spot! I promise my pony won't get hurt this time so I can play in your game.

<3 mucho amor,
Beth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rey jr
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PolkaDotSox wrote:
HI BUDDY!!!

I claim a spot! I promise my pony won't get hurt this time so I can play in your game.

<3 mucho amor,
Beth

HURRAAAAAAAY ! \o/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beth Kearney
United States
Howard County
Maryland
flag msg tools
*BUMP*

People! Sign up for this game!

Thanks,
Beth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really know much about Dragonlance - haven't read ANY novels (I'm waiting for the new movie to be made - Lucy Lawless is doing one of the voices!) but if there is a Lord Soth or a Dragonrider of Pern to be had, I want in.

Death Knight? Count me in. I think I'll get my old Spellfire cards out. They had some cool DL stuff in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rey jr
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue,
Kiefer "24" Sutterland is doin' the voice of Raistlin Majere the greatest mage Ever ! A wonderfull character.
And don't worry about not reading the novels, this game will be to everyone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologise for the inconvenience, but I must sadly withdraw if this game is run any time in the not-distant future, as I need a break from the game.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rey jr
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that I will remove this game from Cassandra and be back with him when I could dedicate myself at home. In the Office is proved near impossible to run a WW Game.

Thanks to all that Signed Up.

Untill Soon, when the rules will be fully posted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lenethen
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I have lanced Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like a multi-year sign up!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lenethen
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
totally forgotten about signing up... I am excited though, loved the books when I was younger... Heres hoping a get a cool player! Shotgun Strum Brightblade!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lenethen
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DarthVain wrote:
totally forgotten about signing up... I am excited though, loved the books when I was younger... Heres hoping a get a cool player! Shotgun Strum Brightblade!

Though looking Raistlin and Lord Sloth would also be pretty cool I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.