Popular Tags: [View All]
Aik Yong Heng
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
Visit me @ aikyong.com!
badge
This is Bubbles the pig and his best friend is Panda!
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, in Toybox yesterday, we were just starting the game when a player proceeded to destroy the game for us by encumbering his stocks to buy new stocks, which he proceeded to encumber to buy up all stocks in the bank for himself!

Obviously with all of us at 2 stocks and the guy having the REST of the stock is funny to a certain extent, but also totally skewed our perception of the game to the extent that we unanimously abandoned the game.

Although we tried to scrutinise the rules then, we couldn't find any fault other than interpreting the rules as saying players can only encumber stocks only if they do not have any unencumbered stocks.

Thinking about it again, it seems that this interpretation is not logical also since if a guy loses money at being the insurance agent, he has to encumber as much stocks as possible to pay his debts even if he already has encumbered stocks?

Reading through BGG, it seems that no one has complained of this particular thing yet. Obviously we had read the rules wrong, but where? Anyone with this game knows? I can't tell, since I can't find the rules online to study.
Anyone that can enlighten me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big C
United States
Cherry Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I believe the rule you need is:

The harbormaster can only buy ONE stock per round.

To accomplish the goal of buying out all the stock, the player would have to win harbormaster every round. Diligence of others players would prevent this from happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ting Pong IP
Hong Kong
Lai Chi Kok
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A harbour master can only buy * ONE * stock each round.

You can find the rule here: http://www.zoch-verlag.com/de/spiele/Manila/en/

It's stated in Page 3. "Harbour master may buy 1 share".

Star
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aik Yong Heng
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
Visit me @ aikyong.com!
badge
This is Bubbles the pig and his best friend is Panda!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys, appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.