Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Graning
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So last week we had a white elephant at a little party with friends. It was fun. I picked up Red7 for the exchange I had heard it was good, and we play games with this group of people on occasion so I thought why not.

For whatever reason we only took one gift for the three of us (DW, Myself and the boy). We let my son pick, unwrap and play the game.

He grabbed his gift first or second I think, got these cute cupcake holders, they were robots. I figured he could use them as toys and build lego creations with them or use them to dip (we don't bake much).

The game goes a few rounds he openly says "I hope someone steals these." To which someone obliged. They actually bake, so it was cool.

Then the little guy walks over and steals red7 laughing the whole time. He was super excited to steal a board game.

I am pretty proud of him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what happened or what anything means.

Dibs! though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Graning
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a white elephant there are wrapped presents on a table. Each person has the choice to take a new present from the table, or steal a present from someone who has already opened their gift. The game is over when all the presents are unwrapped and everyone who is participating has a gift. Order is picked by names in a hat or whatever other method the party picks.

Short story, my son stole the gift we brought because he wanted the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
I do so hate white elephants, just because I think the stealing aspect it too mean.

That said, I am once again planning on participating in a pink elephant booze exchange!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.