tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The kickstarter version came with the expansion however I beleive that the retail version does not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BertMcCloud wrote:
The kickstarter version came with the expansion however I beleive that the retail version does not.

The Deluxe version that was available on the kickstarter came with the expansion. The base game (which is the one in retail) did not. You were also able to pick up the base game during the kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Also note that the expansion is available in the BGG Store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
BertMcCloud wrote:

The Deluxe version that was available on the kickstarter came with the expansion. The base game (which is the one in retail) did not. You were also able to pick up the base game during the kickstarter.

Actually, all Kickstarter copies came with the mini expansion. The difference was that the non-Deluxe version did not have extra factions etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sataranji wrote:
Also note that the expansion is available in the BGG Store.

That's the DeLuxe content, which includes the expansion. Note, however, that it does not include the extra war dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Blanchette
Canada
Roxton Pond
Québec
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven is the only game now! -_^
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GalaGalaxia wrote:
scottbalmes wrote:
BertMcCloud wrote:

Actually, all Kickstarter copies came with the mini expansion. The difference was that the non-Deluxe version did not have extra factions etc.

I didn't play all the factions yet, but you need to try out the Satyr! This faction is one of my favorite. Strong in 2 players games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Related question - does the retail version contain the KS funding level upgrades? not talking about the deluxe content, but the stretch goals.

I believe it does, but find it a bit confusing. Have backed only a few KS, and those have not arrived yet, so still not sure how some things work. And maybe different KS projects handle stretch goals differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SirWashington wrote:
Related question - does the retail version contain the KS funding level upgrades? not talking about the deluxe content, but the stretch goals.

I believe it does, but find it a bit confusing. Have backed only a few KS, and those have not arrived yet, so still not sure how some things work. And maybe different KS projects handle stretch goals differently?

Yes. All non-deluxe content was unlocked for the commercial run as well as the Kickstarter backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering how important those extra war dice are in the expansion... I'm considering buying it from BGG (as I don't know if Tiny Epic Galaxy's post campaign pledge manager will offer the expansion)...

Should I wait to see? I don't want it to disappear from the BGG store!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pha3drus wrote:
Just wondering how important those extra war dice are in the expansion... I'm considering buying it from BGG (as I don't know if Tiny Epic Galaxy's post campaign pledge manager will offer the expansion)...

Should I wait to see? I don't want it to disappear from the BGG store!

Thanks!

The BGG expansion does not have the war dice, only the deluxe version from kickstarter does. (This deluxe version has been sold at conventions as well) The BGG pack just has the exploration expansion, and the additional factions.

The extra war dice, however, are not needed to play. Only two people bid war at a time, so additional dice aren't needed. They are just a little fun to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Scott! Fast response! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.