GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,211 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Variants

Subject: Homemade Cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Some Guy
msg tools
mb
How are you all making these? I'm not very savy and cant figure it out. Scanning just gives me a horrible image. I had a thematic set to share that me and a few friends worked out, however I cant make awesome cards like many have did here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Liedtka
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
I copy and paste mostly and touch up in photoshop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
Scotland
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a bunch of templates and bits over in the files section for the game:
http://boardgamegeek.com/files/thing/139771

Ship template (Photoshop):
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/105233/staw-photoshop-ship...

Custom Card Template:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/95740/template-custom-upgr...

You may find what you need there, although you will need some reasonable photo/graphics editing software to pull it off effectively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
mb
Thanks guys I'll give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Berry
Australia
flag msg tools
If you're scanning for home use / backup / etc of already owned cards a blur filter applied over a scan in Photoshop does wonders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
mb
well this stinks. I don't have a "computer" any longer, just a now aging tablet, and it doen't like to use any of that stuff. I'll also admit I'm getting older and don't care to learn. shake So, I'm not going to try and be all fancy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
mb
rebjorn_again wrote:
If you're scanning for home use / backup / etc of already owned cards a blur filter applied over a scan in Photoshop does wonders

yeah, my tablet doesn't support Photoshop. I'm getting to the point where I need a new one. oh well as I said, I just can't get all fancy at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
Scotland
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you looking for card wise?
Tis the season and I am feeling strangely generous and have a copy of photoshop gathering dust.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
mb
No worries we came up with a sceniro and thematic set of cards for the DS9 Sons of Mogh episode. I thought others would find interesting. It seemed fairly balance to us. I can just share it as a text when I have more time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rune Stonegrinder wrote:
How are you all making these? I'm not very savy and cant figure it out. Scanning just gives me a horrible image. I had a thematic set to share that me and a few friends worked out, however I cant make awesome cards like many have did here.

I'm using photoshop CS3 (very old version) on my MacBook Air. I go get an image of a card from Google images, usually a post from Star Trek.com or WK and then use photoshop to erase the stuff I don't want and add in the new stuff including images from the internet.

I'm an amateur photographer so I'm used to using Photoshop but I'm sure there are a lot of other programs that would work too like GIMP. It might be better to use an object oriented graphics package rather than something totally freeform like photoshop. Photoshop Elements is another option but you will need a real computer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.