Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Alan Hatcher
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend from Atlanta had played this a few times and recommended it, so I bought a copy and waited on it to show up. Got to love Sunday delivery! My wife muttered something about a "board game addiction" but I paid it no mind. "Look," I said. It's got a 3D train!

I opened it up on the kitchen table and started putting it together, putting each finished car in the middle of the table. My 9 year old son Jack wandered in a few minutes later and the first thing he said was "whoa! it's a train!"

I got it all put together and read up on the rules. I even watched the excellent video of Game Night playing the game. Now I was just ready for the usual Wednesday night group to play it with. I texted my friend Alec on Wednesday and told him I was bringing a new game.

"What's it like," asked Alec via text.

"It's got a 3D Train!"

So I walk into the FLGS with the game in tow and just start setting it up. "Cool! 3D train!" said someone.

I started teaching the game, with a few missteps, but nothing critical. I think some people didn't completely click on the concept until we finished building the first deck and then turned it over and started popping cards off.

I was playing Tuco, and ended up in the middle of the pack. The winner was playing Cheyenne and managed to drop into the engine just ahead of another player and grab the satchel. Belle came in dead last with zero money and about 8 bullets in her deck, which made everyone laugh since you'd think she'd have less than anyone else.

The game was over and we all leaned back in our seats for the usual conversation about what to play next.

"Let's just play it again!"

So we did. This time we randomly handed out the characters, but half the group ended up with the same ones. I had Tuco again and the same players had Cheyenne and Belle. I stayed away from the satchel madness in this game and concentrated on picking up the plethora of purses in the back of the train, all the while trying to shoot as often as I could to earn the $1000 bonus.

I was probably in contention for the win, but only managed to fire 5 bullets. That would have been a tie but Garrett managed to shoot someone with his last action card for 6 shots. Grrrr! Heh.

This time Belle won and Cheyenne had zero points. The exact opposite of the first game. Everyone at the table loved the game and several are actively wanting to buy it. I can see playing it a good bit over the next few months. This game is tied with Castles of Mad King Ludwig right now for my favorite game of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it the first time with 6 players and had so much fun that someone n the group suggest we play it again back to back. We did and had an even better time the 2nd game. This game plays fast and is easy to teach and learn. The punching, shooting, and stealing is light hearted and fun and everyone loved the 3D train. I think this will become a very entertaining party game.

If you are looking for light, hearted, easy going fun then this game is for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Boyle
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Proud Balmain Board Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracked it out with a group. At least two people went ahead and bought there own copy immediately afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Shirey
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very similar experience with my group. Played it probably 5 times the first day I brought it up . Everyone had fun and was laughing and making up nicknames for each other , was good fun . The 3d train certainly helps grab attention as 3 or 4 people walked by and stopped to look at what we were doing.

Colt Express is a great game for light take that kinda game . Components are great and the game plays quick !! Highly recommend this for anyone who likes those type of games or is into the western theme as it comes across beautifully !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.