5 Posts

Advanced Space Crusade» Forums » Rules

Subject: Throwing grenades rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mime Newman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I've just got this game out of the loft after 20 years and have been reaquaiting my self with the rule book. It's all coming back to me but I can't find any where that tells me the distance a marine can throw a grenade. The rule book mentions that the have "range" but doesn't say what that range is...

Eg on page 32, paragraph one "Throwing Grenades"
"You can through a grenade to any square in the models line of sight and fire arc, and within range of the grenade. Place a grenade counter in the target square"

I just can't find the range in the rule book, grenades are powerful and unlimited in this game and I don't want to upset the balance by chucking them too far!
other games seem to have grenades with a range of 6 or 8 squares..... that would seem about right but if the designers intended 4 to 6 for example then it is too far.

Any thoughts?

Regards Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grenades have a range of 8 squares. This was included in a rules errata published in the White Dwarf magazine. Check out this rules summary, it is better than the original rule book:

http://www.orderofgamers.com/downloads/AdvSpaceCrusade_v1.pd...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mime Newman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info bolter, 8 squares it is.

The rules summary is fantastic, I'll be printing a couple of copies out.

I'm really looking forward to playing this again, I still think it's a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a big fan of the game as well. Let me know how your games go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see a video playthrough of this game. I had it ages ago and have been thinking of reacquiring it.
When I had it last (back in early 90's) I tried it with a couple different friends but they didn't have the patience for all the little stuff and didn't understand the exploration part too well.
I always thought it had a lot of great depth and some cool options/mechanics for a skirmish boardgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.