Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Harkleroad
United States
Butler, PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What was worse, the Ice Bucket Challenge or Let It Go? Who was worse, Bill Cosby or Donald Sterling? More annoyed at the Polar Vortex or U2 pushing their album to your iTunes account?

BLOG SHILL: Every year, I hold a vote for the worst events of the year. If you'd like to go vote and/or comment, you can go here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Worst event of the year: Pulling my hamstring. It's been two months and I still can't run yet.

I hope everybody else joins me in voting for this. It really sucked! OK, it doesn't suck nearly as much as being drugged and raped by Bill Cosby, but I'm thinking of things that happened to me here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harkleroad
United States
Butler, PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Worst event of the year: Pulling my hamstring. It's been two months and I still can't run yet.

I hope everybody else joins me in voting for this. It really sucked! OK, it doesn't suck nearly as much as being drugged and raped by Bill Cosby, but I'm thinking of things that happened to me here.

I'll file this under "Embarrassment."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The tendonitis in my ankle is the clear winner. It's like Bill Cosby is in there, but he forgot the drugs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is mine. I am not ashamed to say I cried a lot, and I still tear up when I watch the videos:

K-Pop Group Ladies' Code in Fatal Car Accident, Members Rise & EunB Dead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't Let it Go, 2013? Or you are just considering it bad enough to extend into 2014.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, this is a tough one, as I've had a pretty awesome year. New, better job, kid starts kinder, some other cool stuff...

I guess it depends on what affected me personally in any way. Polar Vortex, nope, live in Austin. GamerGate, nope I don't play video games, Cosby, nope I wasn't molested on the producer couch in 1975. Gm recall, nope own a Honda. Ebola, nope didn't hose BGG.CON. ISIS, nope I don't live in the desert. Heartbleed, nope our company software didn't use OpenSSL. Chris Christie, nope, NJ politics doesn't interest me.

Geesh, nothing really bad happened this year that really affected me...I guess Greg Abbott winning the Texas Governor race?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmb
Huskers football team playing Bill Cosby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
That little part between Jan 1 and the end of this month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Hmm, this is a tough one, as I've had a pretty awesome year. New, better job, kid starts kinder, some other cool stuff...

I guess it depends on what affected me personally in any way. Polar Vortex, nope, live in Austin. GamerGate, nope I don't play video games, Cosby, nope I wasn't molested on the producer couch in 1975. Gm recall, nope own a Honda. Ebola, nope didn't hose BGG.CON. ISIS, nope I don't live in the desert. Heartbleed, nope our company software didn't use OpenSSL. Chris Christie, nope, NJ politics doesn't interest me.

Geesh, nothing really bad happened this year that really affected me...I guess Greg Abbott winning the Texas Governor race?

How about having to watch someone eat cous-cous with a hamburger?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:

How about having to watch someone eat cous-cous with a hamburger?

That was pretty bad. Vote Hamzy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harkleroad
United States
Butler, PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Wasn't Let it Go, 2013? Or you are just considering it bad enough to extend into 2014.

Well, the movie was released late 2013. Every single girl in America was singing it Q1 and Q2 of 2014.

So I'm considering it 2014.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coase wrote:
lfisher wrote:

Well, the movie was released late 2013. Every single girl in America was singing it Q1 and Q2 of 2014.

So I'm considering it 2014.

That would seem to imply that they weren't also singing it in Q3 and Q4 of 2014 (and won't continue in 2015)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

I take it he doesn't play board games? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of scares with my blood draw results.

Painful arthritis in my shoulder/collar bone.

Jaw pain that is probably also arthritis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Been a rough year all around for me. Like "nothing surprises me anymore" bad.

If "Let it go" was the worst thing I had to put up with this year, that would be amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, for me that would have to be getting a pilonidal cyst excised, going through 3 months of wound packing, then having it reappear 2 weeks later and doing the whole thing all over again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.