Subject: Two Player Variant: Looking for Advice on Setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E F
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wife and I play a variant where each of us has access to all the same cards/dice. Its basically setup like Dominion or Thunderstone where each player can choose to buy whatever is available. I’ve been using 12 cards (8 characters with different energy costs and 4 basic actions). I use 6-8 dice per card and each player purchase only up to the max dice on the card.

Can someone recommend a good setup? What characters to use and how many dice each so it’s a fun & balanced game with some combos/interactions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play like that the game is self balancing since you both have the same available buys.

I'd personally recommend running multiple affiliation cards or sidekick buffs at once as possible ways to entice you to do more than just pick the best card in the pool. Also, typically I throw down more 20 cards or more for the shared pool. If you do the same, be careful to control how many globals are on the cards that you throw down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E F
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good advice, thanks! If anybody else has anything to add please do. Always looking to improve the setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.