Doomtown: Reloaded» Forums » General

Subject: running an OP event? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce O

Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have been invited to help run an OP event at a local game shop. I've never been to one so I was hoping someone could enlighten me as to how they work and any advice for making it run well and get more folks excited about Doomtown. I see the kits come with a letter detailing how they should go. A link to that would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomtown Floor Rules Update

would be a good place to start

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The letter in the OP kit and the Floor Rules don't exactly match, the letter has draws for unfinished games. I think it was on alderac.com forums that tehy answered that it is up to the ogranizer, just be clear before the tournament starts and most importantly, have fun with it (actual answer paraphrased).

I ran a tournament the other day, we did a straight swiss, based the prize structure on how many people attended the tournament. Hardest part is to have a judge that knows the rules well, so make sure to have rulebook, faq and preferably internet connection available to quickly check aeg rule forums for the really weird answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.