GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,607 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
455 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Con of the North 2015 - Minneapolis - February 13-15 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's only two months away! Who's excited?

The main website is here:
http://conofthenorth.com/

There are links to the event list here:
http://conofthenorth.com/registration.php#onlinelists

I signed up for Gordy's Circus Train (Second edition) on Friday night. Hopefully I registered soon enough to actually get a ticket.
I'm also interested in Zack's Age of Industry Minnesota first thing on Friday. But I have my doubts about what time I'll get there.

Of course most of my time will be with the "cool" kids hanging out in the UndeadViking Board Game room like the last few years.
Who's going to rope Lance into a 7 player game of Caverna: The Cave Farmers this year?

I'm also looking forward to completing Byron's plush dice set. He has a d4, d6, and d20 from last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clark
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray! I'm excited.

I haven't signed up for anything, though I think Gene is running Struggle of Empires on Sunday and that's tempting. There's already been some discussion of getting the open gaming ball rolling on Friday. Looking forward to seeing folks and playing games with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be going along with my daughter (her third year in a row) and defending my Flapjacks & Squatches World Championship title.

Anyone interested in a math trade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
I will be going along with my daughter (her third year in a row) and defending my Flapjacks & Squatches World Championship title.

Anyone interested in a math trade?

I am interested in a math trade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necro Kitty
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to make it! For once, I don't have band practice or something that weekend.... cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Champlin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there. It's my first year attending so I'm not sure what to expect. I already submitted my preregistration and have been reading over the booklet since I got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schensted
United States
Lakefield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot Woot!

The wife and I will be there rocking out open gaming till I die!

Also I will not play a 7 player game of anything. I recall I almost expired playing that game of Caverna.

Math Trade +1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
I will obviously be there. I will make sure to bring my eclectic sampling of games with me.

Rumor has it that Mrs. UndeadViking may attend...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
amschensted wrote:
Woot Woot!
Also I will not play a 7 player game of anything.

Take note. Only 8+ player games for Andrew!

I'm signed up for a Saturday morning session of Serrenissima and am running Age of Industry right away on Friday.

But the rest of the time I'll be there in the open gaming room with my big ol' bag of games! Obviously I'll have Age of Industry along (and would be happy to get it out again so you can try it Brenden... though most years its simply along so the Brass-o-philes can scoff at it). I was also planning to bring Olympos for Matt and Powerboats for Brian. Beyond that I'll bring a selection of new shiny stuff and games I just am in the mood to play. I'll probably set up my usual poll asking for suggestions to bring a bit closer to the Con.

Can't wait to see you all there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grr, of course it's the weekend I'll be out of town at a hockey tournament.

Have fun everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schensted
United States
Lakefield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Obviously I'll have Age of Industry along (and would be happy to get it out again so you can try it Brenden... though most years its simply along so the Brass-o-philes can scoff at it).

I will gladly scoff at your Age of Industry box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sataranji wrote:

Have fun everyone!

Where are your priorities? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
sataranji wrote:

Have fun everyone!

That's what my Jr. High chess coach used to say about skipping chess tournaments for hockey games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
sataranji wrote:

Have fun everyone!

They're obviously misplaced; I need to get with the program.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi Lawless
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ask not for whom the dog barks. It barks for thee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have fun, everyone! I don't think I can go this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
justplainchips wrote:
It's only two months away! Who's excited?

The main website is here:
http://conofthenorth.com/

There are links to the event list here:
http://conofthenorth.com/registration.php#onlinelists

I signed up for Gordy's Circus Train (Second edition) on Friday night. Hopefully I registered soon enough to actually get a ticket.
I'm also interested in Zack's Age of Industry Minnesota first thing on Friday. But I have my doubts about what time I'll get there.

Of course most of my time will be with the "cool" kids hanging out in the UndeadViking Board Game room like the last few years.
Who's going to rope Lance into a 7 player game of Caverna: The Cave Farmers this year?

I'm also looking forward to completing Byron's plush dice set. He has a d4, d6, and d20 from last year.
[ImageID=2296156small

If for whatever reason it fills up, come anyway, I listed myself as playing and will gladly give up my spot to just teach--the Circus Train love has to spread!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, please…please sign up for Thunder Alley. Some other guy and myself are both running Thunder Alley for the same 4-hour block on Friday night. So there will be tons of spots to fill--it's been pretty popular so maybe we'll fill it all, who knows. It's a great game, fast and fun, and in "real" life I hate NASCAR, but love this game none-the-less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Champlin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
Also, please…please sign up for Thunder Alley. Some other guy and myself are both running Thunder Alley for the same 4-hour block on Friday night. So there will be tons of spots to fill--it's been pretty popular so maybe we'll fill it all, who knows. It's a great game, fast and fun, and in "real" life I hate NASCAR, but love this game none-the-less.

This has been at the top of my want to play list. I was excited to see it booklet and have registered for it. Hope to get in but even if I don't I'll stop by and see if there is space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have my hotel booked. I'm bringing the entire Polish Invasion (my wife, her mom, her sister, my daughter). They are going to shop and swim, and I'm gonna game game game!

Hoping to get into some open gaming on Saturday, but have signed up for Manhattan Project and Ultimate Dreadball. Also hoping to meet Matt and Karl early on Friday for some gaming and beers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:

I hate Nascar too , but my daughter and I signed up for your time slot. Hopefully we get in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eriks Dunens

Minnesota
msg tools
I always want to play all of Vlaada's games
badge
Yes, even Travel Blog
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for this year, although I still need to register. Better take care of that now.

Also, friends don't let friends play 7p games of Caverna.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
lilacdog wrote:
Have fun, everyone! I don't think I can go this year.

awww! That stinks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
eriksdunens wrote:

Also, friends don't let friends play 7p games of Caverna.

True. At a Con it is necessary to combine two sets so you can play with 14!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
patton55 wrote:

I hate Nascar too , but my daughter and I signed up for your time slot. Hopefully we get in.

Sweet! I will move mountains to make sure you get in, maybe bring an extra copy. (Maybe I can ask the Con for an extra table?) But really there should be enough spots between the multiple games going on. TA is a weird game in the history of the games I have run it has appealed to wargamers and eurogamers, the young and the old. I had a father daughter combo play once and they had a great time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Reynolds
United States
mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm excited. It's my special valentines date with my sweety... Love ya zack. But hopefully my man crush Eriks will be there. I look forward to losing at many new and exciting games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.