GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,153 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

The Gallerist» Forums » News

Subject: Artist invitation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb

Hello everyone;

The spirit of The Gallerist is to discover, and act as patron to new artists to help them create works of art. You can buy their art, send them to art school, and get sponsors to improve their fame and the market value of the works they create.

Before our publisher builds an art library for the game by licensing works of art from already-published artists, I would like to invite new artists to submit original artwork of their own.

Amateur or professional, art lover, art student, everyone from everywhere, who wants to see one of his or her works of art published in this game, can participate. The Gallerist will be published worldwide.
If you think you can create a cool piece of modern art, and would like to show it to the world, please accept this invitation.

The work will be published on a card in the game, 5cm × 7cm, in landscape orientation.
The artwork credits will be placed on the back of the card, and the artist will be notified before publication.

The publisher will choose the best 32 works to be published in the following types:
8 works of Photography;
8 works of Painting;
8 works of Sculpture;
8 works in Installation;

To participate, you must send a photograph of one or more original pieces you create (or have explicit authorization for the art to be sent): Email a quality picture of at least 300 dpi and 10 cm × 14 cm (remember: landscape orientation) to thegalleristcontest@gmail.com with the following description:

Artist Name:
Artist Nationality:
Type of Art (Photography, Painting, Sculpture, Installation):
Name of the work:
Date:
Short Description of the work of art (optional):

This invitation will be open until February of 2015.

Each participant whose artwork we publish in The Gallerist will receive one copy of The Gallerist. Of course.

Please participate and have fun!

Note: Just to remeber all participants that the publisher does not own or keep the work of art. The work of art and its rights belongs to the artist. The publisher only keep the rights to published the picture you sent in one of the cards game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shared with an excellent artist friend of mine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Lenny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the opportunity! I've shared this with my very talented sister and she will be participating! Are there any restrictions as to the subject matter for the artwork?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be sure to share this with my father. He uses painting as a method of rehabilitation, and his landscapes are pretty good for an amateur. (well, at least they look good to an untalented person like myself, I guess)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, I wish I had some artistic chops. Sending this on to a couple folks that do.

Thanks Vital!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will talk to a friend of mine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At first day we already have a couple of submissions:

-Diana Kline: http://www.dianajkline.com/
-Tim Roediger: http://timroedigerart.com.au/

Thank you both, keep them coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And some more participations:

Christopher Nesaw
Alexandra Ramirez
Rafaël Theunis
Janete Cunha Claro - trough James William Parker - www.janetecunhaclaro.com.br
Sandro Ferreira

Thank you all.
Keep on going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the invite. I passed it along to a couple of artistic family members, one with an art degree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jimmy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And some more participations:
RoByn Thompson - www.robynthompsonart.com
Monica ONeill
Tim Barnes - www.timbarnesphotograpy.com
Steve Pleydell-Pearce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this untill the end of February or is allready finish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can still send any art, if you want. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lee curkeet
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Is it too late for more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can send it. We are chosing them right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lee curkeet
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
where do I send them to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Quote:
To participate, you must send a photograph of one or more original pieces you create (or have explicit authorization for the art to be sent): Email a quality picture of at least 300 dpi and 10 cm × 14 cm (remember: landscape orientation) to thegalleristcontest@gmail.com with the following description:

Artist Name:
Artist Nationality:
Type of Art (Photography, Painting, Sculpture, Installation):
Name of the work:
Date:
Short Description of the work of art (optional):

There you go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
I want to thank all of you, who accepted this invitation and sent me one or more works to publish in the game.

Unfortunately, we could not sellect all the works sent, and they were a lot, especialy paintings, as expected.

In a couple of days I will upload the list of all the participants who will have their work published in the game cards.

Thank you again for your participation, this is indeed a great community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lee curkeet
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Did you put the list somewhere else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
Hi guys,
In a couple of days I will upload the list of all the participants who will have their work published in the game cards.

Thank you again for your participation, this is indeed a great community.

Did I miss seeing the list or has it yet to be posted? So far I have been unsuccessful at locating the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The list can be found at the end of the rules (page 19 in v0.95).
You can find them in the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia Smith
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Hi, I'm leeece on yucata.de
badge
Maybe we can grab a game sometime?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for selecting one of my works, it is a great honour to be part of what is looking like a fantastic game, and I am still going to kickstart it! I really look forward to playing it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.