Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still haven't received this. Just wondered when I should start getting worried I won't get it at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
Another week or so, maybe. I don't have mine, but I'm not worried.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry too much, the postal service Artipia uses are weird...Everything always arrives but it tends to get spread out over 1 or 2 months (And don't worry if it's in multiple packages either ^^)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
It's xmas time. If it won't arrive in next few days, then there's a good chance it will just drown in the sea of gifts. It doesn't look good, really. Sending out international packages in December isn't the wisest idea ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith McNeil
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine showed up today in MA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my miniature busts and tuck boxes on Tuesday, but still not the main game yet, it's shipping direct from Greece so who knows what these boxes are going hroughgin their travels, hah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Larkin
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twinkies... YUM!
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my game and all stretch rewards in the same box this Saturday (The 13th) in California. Package came from Greece, so it could take a while still for others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
randall fischer

Warren
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my figure busts and promos in one box, the game showed up 4 days later in a separate box, still no sleeves or metal coins. I'm not sure they even shipped those. This is a tad bonkers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for everything.

Not happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't received anything either. At this point, I don't think I will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not worried. I don't have mine yet, but I expected as much. This shipping Artipia uses is slow and variable in the time it takes, but it is a relatively cheap shipping option for 'worldwide' (New Dawn shipping was $10 on top of what USA/EU pays, as opposed to certain other companies *cough*queengames*cough* who charge more like $50 for 'worldwide' shipping.)
For the last Among The Stars campaign, I got my stuff almost two full weeks after another person in the same city as me got his.
So don't worry because you haven't received anything yet! Plus, as another poster has already said, the load on shipping services around Christmas is sure to delay things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy P
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well its 2.5 weeks since the games arrived in the UK according to Artipia, friends have had theirs for at least a week and a half and I have had nothing arrive. If I was the other side of the world I would understand it. But other stuff shipped in the UK is getting to me in a couple of days via Royal mail. I am pretty sure at this point I will not get it. Contacted Artipia (twice) to ask how long I should wait and they mentioned it has taken up to 2 months and to be patient.

Patience is fine, but I am also realistic, something in the UK that doesn't show up in two weeks usually either arrives very damaged or not at all.

Now it might be because I live where I do, but I honestly don't think that 2 months reasonable. Even the UK post office suggest that after 3 weeks or so you can assume its not going to arrive. (mind you they don't do much about it!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
So, here's an interesting development. I contacted Artipia about shipment of my New Dawn addons from recent campaign, and learned what I suspected all along - in my case, they were sent ... yesterday. I don't want to get into the communication strategy here, but just let everyone know, don't take the shipment date for granted. I would imagine some packages were still not even sent. It will all arrive eventually (let's hope), but as to exact date, there's no way to tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Kitchen Rush: Piece of Cake - 16 April 2018 on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
So, here's an interesting development. I contacted Artipia about shipment of my New Dawn addons from recent campaign, and learned what I suspected all along - in my case, they were sent ... yesterday. I don't want to get into the communication strategy here, but just let everyone know, don't take the shipment date for granted. I would imagine some packages were still not event sent. It will all arrive eventually (let's hope), but as to exact date, there's no way to tell.

Sebastian,

The exact date for all games sent was November 26. The response you received only refered to some addons. We announced in the risks and challenges of our campaign as well as update #13 that addons could be sent later on. (because of supplier delays).

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to argue, but I just don't see that in the update #13. The only relevant entry in that post is this:

Quote:
7) Many of the extras will be arriving with your packages. However, due to the large volume of extras ordered, we will also be shipping extras for the next few days.

I don't know what your definition of "few days" is, but 3 weeks (25 nov - 15 dec) doesn't constitute few days in my book.

I don't mind waiting, but I'm just annoyed by the level of precision in this communication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
I don't want to argue, but I just don't see that in the update #13. The only relevant entry in that post is this:

Quote:
7) Many of the extras will be arriving with your packages. However, due to the large volume of extras ordered, we will also be shipping extras for the next few days.

I don't know what your definition of "few days" is, but 3 weeks (25 nov - 15 dec) doesn't constitute few days in my book.

I don't mind waiting, but I'm just annoyed by the level of precision in this communication.

Few days turned to 3 weeks because a supplier didn't deliver as promised. However this has to do with a specific addon

In regards to your game still missing, we are the publisher of this game, not the post office that is right now responsible for delivering it.

Your annoyance with communication doesn't mean that everyone's order had delays or problems. Unfortunately somewhere between our post office and yours there's been some delay. This is something out of our control. However generalizing and making assumptions about when and what was shipped in not very nice.

We apologize for these delays. As a backer (me - currently waiting for several delayed games to be delivered - Not just addons but the actual games being delayed for many many months) to a backer (you) I advise you that unless you are ready to accept such delays, you shouldn't be backing any KS project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:

Few days turned to 3 weeks because a supplier didn't deliver as promised. However this has to do with a specific addon

And I wasn't told about this, until I got annoyed and finally asked. If there was a delay, I should know, don't you agree?

3pod wrote:

In regards to your game still missing, we are the publisher of this game, not the post office that is right now responsible for delivering it.

I didn't understand that, really. I've picked New Dawn during Essen, I'm just waiting for addons from this campaign.

3pod wrote:

Your annoyance with communication doesn't mean that everyone's order had delays or problems.

I'm not saying that. But if (apparently) many of your customers are discussing in several topics where they're concerned about the shipment delays *every single campaign you've made*, then I suppose there's a lot to improve, no?

3pod wrote:
Unfortunately somewhere between our post office and yours there's been some delay. This is something out of our control. However generalizing and making assumptions about when and what was shipped in not very nice.

This doesn't make sense, again. I've received response from Artipia, that the shipment was made yesterday. It's obvious that I haven't received it yet, how could I, if it was just sent? It will probably take few days for the package to arrive, so maybe this week. However, constantly blaming it all on post offices across the world isn't exactly the right "defense line" either. Especially, if it isn't a case here.

3pod wrote:

We apologize for these delays. As a backer (me - currently waiting for several delayed games to be delivered - Not just addons but the actual games being delayed for many many months) to a backer (you) I advise you that unless you are ready to accept such delays, you shouldn't be backing any KS project.

Apologies accepted. As said before, I don't think people are angry about the delays, but about the lack of information.

But the next part, wow, that was uncalled for (and a bit condescending). Please learn that I've backed numerous board game, video game and other Kickstarter projects. Hiccups and bumps, while obviously unwanted, are happening sometimes, and I agree that there's little to be done about it (though many board game projects were done and made without such drama around it). Proper communication costs you nothing, though. And, if I would wish you ill, I would say, that you had some internal delays, never communicated them and tried to cover it with long shipment times. I truly believe this is not the case here, I love Artipia games and I would wish you folks to prosper and create many new games and expansions, but please, please, you need to improve your communication, if you're taking someone elses money up front.

Food for thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebastian,

I've been publisher for 3.5 years now. My biggest complaint and one I will probably take to my grave is that I've lost count of the times I had to take blame for someone else's mistakes/delays/inadequacy.

I'm sorry I didn't know you had chosen Essen pickup for the game. If you did, why didn't we give you the add-ons at Essen as well?

In regards to communication about the delay of add-ons. As soon as we ship an envelope with add-ons, it takes only a few days to be delivered (as it is much faster than pacakges). We had delays with a couple of suppliers. We are still experiencing those delays with our metal credits and resource and we are actually preparing an update about this.

The problem there was that when we sorted out orders, some items (sleeves part of the stretch rewards etc) were grouped together with metal resources. We were expecting a delivery of those a while ago but the delivery date kept changing. You do not need to alarm everyone when you are promised that you will receive your supplies in the next few days (but as I said that kept changing). A few days ago we decided we can't wait any longer and -at our own expense- shipped everything else that was still pending leaving only the metal resources/credits yet to be delivered as soon as we receive them. EDIT: Only a part of the metal resource/credit packs is still pending. Most of them were already sent a few days after the game as initially stated.

I appreciate your support of Artipia Games and completely agree with you that there is always space for improvement on all fields. This does not justify the delays but I mentioned other KS campaigns just to show you that there are MANY out there who have received huge amounts of funding and delayed the actual game for many many months. We've been delivering our games in a timely manner and since we know that there is always a chance a suppler may delay an item, we state that in our risk and challenges section as a warning for those who can't tolerate delays even if its not their main game but just some add-on.

Thank you for the creative dialog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:

I'm sorry I didn't know you had chosen Essen pickup for the game. If you did, why didn't we give you the add-ons at Essen as well?

I've received the New Dawn addons from you at Essen. I've ordered the game directly from Artipia store, with preorder option, not during the kickstarter campaign. As sad as it may sound, I sort of suspected, there will be some delays with kickstarter, and I really wanted to play New Dawn, so I've just ordered directly, accepting that other addons (for Among the Stars really, not New Dawn, but ordered via New Dawn campaign) I will get later (which I didn't mind). I have both New Dawn game and its addons, but I'm interested in the kickstarter campaign, because I've used it to order Among the Stars addons, so this really puts me into "concern" group here, just waiting for different stuff, but stuff that was supposed to be sent at (roughly) the same time.

3pod wrote:

In regards to communication about the delay of add-ons. As soon as we ship an envelope with add-ons, it takes only a few days to be delivered (as it is much faster than pacakges).

Yes, I believe so. I expect the package from you to arrive this week, maybe next week. That's fine. But should I knew this upfront, that would spare me the trouble. I waited since late November, because that was roughly the date that you've stated package were shipped.

3pod wrote:

We had delays with a couple of suppliers. We are still experiencing those delays with our metal credits and resource and we are actually preparing an update about this.

Which is a very good thing and probably the most important message to be taken from this thread. *NEW UPDATE IS COMING*. It's probably a bit overdue, but better now, than never.

Quote:

I appreciate your support of Artipia Games and completely agree with you that there is always space for improvement on all fields. This does not justify the delays but I mentioned other KS campaigns just to show you that there are MANY out there who have received huge amounts of funding and delayed the actual game for many many months. We've been delivering our games in a timely manner and since we know that there is always a chance a suppler may delay an item, we state that in our risk and challenges section as a warning for those who can't tolerate delays even if its not their main game but just some add-on.

Thank you for the creative dialog.

Thanks for an honest response. You guys keep doing great board games and I will buy every single one of them. I'm already eager to see AtS: Revival.

If I am to give just one hint - don't be afraid of communicating delays and other production problems. Things have changed these days, communication is more direct, more frequent. People can relate to and understand, if they're told exactly what's going on. There's absolutely no point in you taking the heat and blame for delays caused by 3rd party that you cannot really influence. I guess most of us know how board game production works like and how it depends on several production channels and logistics. I think you would even get more support this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got the base game, the Ludons board, and the gray starting player mini.

Waiting on the metal pieces, the promos and the Ludon tech cards(unless they are in the base box, which I doubt).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
I got base game, board, mini, and an extra two decks of cards, packaged together. I think that's everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Hee
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Trying to find time to play...
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
Still haven't received this. Just wondered when I should start getting worried I won't get it at all.
Bruiser419 wrote:
Finally got the base game, the Ludons board, and the gray starting player mini.

Waiting on the metal pieces, the promos and the Ludon tech cards(unless they are in the base box, which I doubt).
Glad to see that the OP got the game even though there were doubts that shouldn't exists in first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy P
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well my copy finally arrived. Condition, so bad it's gone in the bin. It looked like an elephant sat on it. Plastic bits broken, outer box squashed beyond belief. Crushed springs to mind as the right word, had a truck run the box over it might have fared better.

My fiend in the post office was right, 3 weeks and it will either not turn up or be damaged.

This is not the fault of Artipia, am not trying to suggest it was, just felt the need to vent a little at my frustration. Sorry all.

My only consolation. Once this post it typed I can forget the whole thing.

/unsubscribe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Manuel Barroso
Spain
Girona
Girona
flag msg tools
Autoadjusting Perturbative Theory
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for addons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.