GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,129 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Depth Track: Reaching the End rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus
Germany
Bückeburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
just kidding
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if the hero marker reaches the end of the depth track?
Does something special happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, nothing special happens when the Posse marker reaches the end of the track. I have yet to see that happen, though. That would take some awful luck to get to that point. I.e you draw a lot of corridors and all the clue tokens are the last encounter tokens drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kell zilla
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has happened to us twice. However, as dvang says, nothing special. You're just stuck at requiring rolling really high for darkness for the rest of the game. We lost both games to darkness escaping. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
I felt there should be some significance for this, or else you may as well stop moving it when it reaches the final third of the track, so we decided that once the Posse marker reaches the final space all Hold Back the Darkness rolls automatically fail. But as yet it hasn't come close to happening anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Allen
Thailand
Klongluang
Pathum Thani
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This hasn't happened to me but I would house rule 16-20 10+ 21-25 11+ 26-30 12+ 31+ always fail hold back the darkness although if you manage to get that far I suggest getting to the store and buying a lottery ticket!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to return the game to Flying Frog and are only allowed to play Candyland going forward. It is a pretty brutal rule!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.