Ben Friedberg
United States
Warsaw
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone considered playing with an open draft rather than a 'passing' draft? i.e.: the drafted cards are pulled from a central 'market' rather than a hand that is passed around. How much impact will the purely open information have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Paul Klee, "Tod und Feuer" (1940)
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'm curious as to why the designer chose to go with a single-hand draft where you draw cards off the top of the deck instead of a multi-hand, simultaneous draft like in just about every other drafting game. There are enough cards for it, and the simultaneous draft has the additional advantages of A. having play flow quicker, and B. more strategy, since after three turns you've seen every card in the draft.

I've tried playing it this way (ie, in a 3p game deal 6 cards to each player, then draft simultaneously and pass), and IMO it does nothing but improve the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Power Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you. I found the original rule is too simple and depends on too much on luck. I don't see you can have many strategy except turn a 4-4 card to a wild card so don't let your left player to get it, play the card that fit your left player, etc. I always feel I don't have choices on my hand card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.