Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Zachareth question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel E.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A question came up in our last session and even though I'm pretty sure on how it should be handled, I would like to have a confirmation. Maybe someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Zachareth has the ability to move a hero 2 spaces, after he passes a attribute test. In our game he passed the test and then he moved a hero two spaces through water. Now the hero player argued that I could only move him one space through water, since it costs two movement points. But I'm pretty sure I can still move him two spaces, despite of the water. Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are right. Even though Zachareth is "moving" the Hero, no Movement Points are being spent, so the water has no effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Mr. McFly.: when an effect indicates a number of spaces, you ignore movement points expenditure (or taxes, such as water spaces or Shiver's heroic ability). You just count spaces; therefore you must still go around obstacles and cannot cross closed doors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.