Hide
1 Posts

The Scepter of Zavandor» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Fairy artefacts for a crushing win rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
r r
msg tools
5 players, 3 very experienced, 2 moderately experienced. We play with player tiles 1,2,3,5,6 in a 5 player so every position change affects your artefact price (3 and 4 are both "0" so we remove 4 for 6).

I was the Fairy and deliberately set out to force a toad / green / low gem strategy.

Turn 1: 31 dust. Buy Sapphire (NOT OPAL). Advance for 2 emerald cards.
Turn 2: 35 dust. Sell opal, buy 2 sapphires. 4 sapphires and 24 income on turn 2 is a strong start.

I then worked my way up the dust track (level 3) and the mage track (level 3).

Once the kobald player broke 10 points I was in last place with a net 15 discount on artefacts. The mage had gone and bought a spellbook (annoying) so so I was left with scooping a runestone and two spellbooks for 15 dust in total.

I then maxed the mage and started on the accumulation track, buying artefacts heavily. I overbid for all 3 crystals in successive turns, then bought an emerald. With one other emerald player and a ruby player there where only 2 players seeking diamonds, so last elixir lingered and I snapped that up too (keeping the Phoenix?? (the 2 pts per different gem type) sentinel open as a strong endgame option).

Late game I picked up a mask, which maxed the fairy track for 2 more ruby cards, then next turn bought the toad, worth a rather phat 19 points at that stage. This was before any "D" artefacts were for sale.
I got 2 out of 3 cloaks as other players started to pick up sentinels then the knowledge sentinel as my final play.

End artefact haul:
1 runestone
2 spellbooks
3 crystals
1 mirror
1 elixir
1 mask
2 shadow cloaks
1 toad sentinel
1 knowledge sentinel

78 points for the win... about 20 ahead of the pack from memory.

Max income was 10 (dust track) + 22 (4x sapphires) + 32( 3 crystals + 1 emerald) + 10 (1 diamond) = 74.

Most satisfying. A thorough and solid kicking of arse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.