Subject: 2nd Annual ChiLo City Grudge Match rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daine .

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
https://www.facebook.com/events/555720467896008/

We are pleased to announce the second annual ChiLo City Grudge Match Netrunner Tournament, taking place at BluegrassMagic Game Shop, 5629 Outer Loop, Louisville, Kentucky, on January 24, 2015!

$10 per player. To accomodate players traveling the day of the tournament, Registration will begin at 10 a.m. and the Tournament will begin at 11 a.m.

We had a fantastically fun and successful tournament last year so, after extensive discussions with many of the Netrunner players in our region, we are instituting a few changes we feel will improve the overall experience for everyone.

For purposes of this tournament, Astroscript Pilot Program is errata'ed to read "Limit one per deck."

The double elimination format for the elimination rounds will not be used. Instead, a best-of-3 match will be played during elimination rounds, with the higher seeded player choosing their side for the third game if it is necessary.

We are also excited about a number of other improvements we have been working on to streamline the overall tournament such as adaptations that make tie-breakers more fair. These details--as well as information on prize support--will be posted here as they are confirmed.

Please check "Join" on this event if you plan to attend so that our FLGS can plan. Questions and complaints can be directed to: chicagolandnetrunner@gmail.com

Edit: text from Facebook event
Edit: wrong email
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Re: ChiLo City Grudge Match
So aside from an astro-biotics free meta, what's the prize support? I see no mention of it here or there, but there's a $10 entrance fee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: ChiLo City Grudge Match
Can't make it, but I love that ChiLo has become a real thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daine .

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:
So aside from an astro-biotics free meta, what's the prize support? I see no mention of it here or there, but there's a $10 entrance fee.

We are still nailing that down. The prize for first place last year was a custom Louisville Slugger bat trophy (Rob won it for Chicago last time). We are working on some tokens that will be provided to everybody (design still pending), and some other swag, probably for the top 4. The owner of Bluegrass Magic is also a huge booster for netrunner and threw on some store credit prizes for the top 4 last year as well. There's the possibility that it'll happen again this year in addition to whatever we plan.

It's not that it's a secret, but we're still finalizing it and we wanted to get the date floating out there while we tie up all the loose ends. It should be a good time. I know there's a good number of kids from Chicago heading down, so if you Wisconsinites (Wisconsiners?) don't have a carload full for driving all the way to KY, you might be able to drive down to Chicago and catch a ride the rest of the way with some of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
I totally missed that it was in KY. Blue Grass should have been a giveaway. That probably eliminates us with how far away it is. But it sounds like its going to be a blast and like there will be unique prizes. So gl to all involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Galdames
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More tournaments should encourage healthy meta restrictions like this one. If FFG won't errata the problem that is Astro, well, then this is the way to go.

Looking forward to Dodd and Jeff talking about the event in Breaking News!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless there is some sort of disaster, Cincinnati should be representing. I don't think I'll have to convince Ross and most of our players love competitive play.

I guess what I'm saying is: buckle up, because Cincinnati is taking the prize this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daine .

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:
I totally missed that it was in KY. Blue Grass should have been a giveaway. That probably eliminates us with how far away it is. But it sounds like its going to be a blast and like there will be unique prizes. So gl to all involved.

We will be hosting one in Chicago some time in the fall as well. But you shouldn't let that stop you from making this one. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravlin Bay
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Only if you beat us guys from Bloomington first!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Daine wrote:
gumOnShoe wrote:

We will be hosting one in Chicago some time in the fall as well. But you shouldn't let that stop you from making this one. . .

That wouldn't, but my wife might.

I fight for every minute of Netrunner I get

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravlin wrote:
Only if you beat us guys from Bloomington first!

This is starting to sound like the fight scene from "Anchorman"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daine .

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
We are ready to announce the prize support!

For the winner, top 2, and top 4:

1 - Chronos Protocol Playmat
1 - Eli 1.0 Alternate art
2 - NBN: Making News Alternate Art
4 - Kate “Mac” Alternate Art
4 - Gabriel Santiago Alternate Art
4 - Noise Alternate Art"

We also have the Louisville Slugger bat trophy like last year, a league kit for some of the lower ranked players, and some custom cards and tokens we are excited about (again, details forthcoming). The custom tokens and probably the cards will be for everybody who joins, not just those who play to win.

We have had a lot of contributions given from multiple sources (hence why I can't vouch for all the details of all the prizes yet), but we are confident this will be a particularly great tournament experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.