10 Posts

Among the Stars» Forums » General

Subject: Yellow vs White text boxes hard to tell apart? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hap Campbell

Maryland
msg tools
I am having a really hard time telling the immediate action (white) text boxes from the delayed action (yellow) text boxes. The yellow color is really subtle.

However, I noticed in the pictures on this site, the yellow vs. white is really dramatic. Do I have a different, flawed version of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could post a picture showing a side by side comparison of two cards (1 white and 1 yellow) of your copy; that might be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hap Campbell

Maryland
msg tools
Runcible Spoon wrote:
You could post a picture showing a side by side comparison of two cards (1 white and 1 yellow) of your copy; that might be helpful.

Okay here is a picture of some of my cards... white boxes on the left, yellow boxes on the right...

It seems like my yellow text boxes are less dramatic than other pictures I've seen. I know from the posts, that there are multiple printings of the game, but I am not sure how to tell which printing I have.

Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look pretty distinct to me. I can't tell if its the table in the background or the lighting of the photograph, but the white banners to appear to have a bit of a tint to them (orangish?). Have you tried comparing the cards in a room that has a different lighting setup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
PoznaƄ
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the white balance of the photo.

In general, I never had a problem with telling which ability is it, but I can see how this could be difficult for some, especially in bad light conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one of the first copy's and we don't have any problem seeing the colours on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one of the first copies of the game and I have a really hard time differentiating them. Other people can see them fine, so I think it is me and yet another aspect of my color blindness rearing its ugly head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hap Campbell

Maryland
msg tools
davypi wrote:
Those look pretty distinct to me. I can't tell if its the table in the background or the lighting of the photograph, but the white banners to appear to have a bit of a tint to them (orangish?). Have you tried comparing the cards in a room that has a different lighting setup?

Yes, to be fair, this photo seems more distinct to be than looking at the cards directly. Maybe I'm going blind.

rattkin wrote:
It's the white balance of the photo.
In general, I never had a problem with telling which ability is it, but I can see how this could be difficult for some, especially in bad light conditions.

When I get home from work, I'll look at the cards with better light... I have yet to play the game. I have only read the rules and watched videos.

I have ordered the expansions. If the coloring is similar in those, I'll kn ow it's just me getting old, I guess. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They could really do with a little symbol or a different border or something to distinguish the two, to be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In poor lighting it can be an issue for sure especially when most lights are amber lighting. That only compounds the problem if the light gives off a yellowish tint to everything. I suggest making sure you play in good lighting preferably flourescent because of this reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.