Subject: What if you don't like Dixit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Fischer
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im not a big fan of Dixit. I don't know why, maybr the victory for one person seems kind of random to me. How does this compare for those, who don't like Dixit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
horus83 wrote:
Im not a big fan of Dixit. I don't know why, maybr the victory for one person seems kind of random to me. How does this compare for those, who don't like Dixit?

Its only similar to Dixit in that the cards are the main focus of the game and that they are nicely illustrated. But the gameplay is completely different

Dixit is about storytelling and thinking like the storyteller. There is a point system but is arbitrary

Mysterium is cooperative first of all, and then you need to deduce what the ghost player is trying to say to you. I guess that may be similar to thinking like the storyteller in Dixit but thats about as close as it will get to Dixit I feel.

The way you derive the solution through the clues given is fun for me and I like how difficult it can be when you are the ghost player and the cards you have make it hard to point the players in the right direction. I would consider Mysterium a light game, but definitely not as light as Dixit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not enjoy the game play of Dixit, but do like the art on the cards.

In my two plays of Mysterium I would say the only similarity the two games share is the fantastic art on the cards. So if you like the art, but not the game of Dixit defiantly give this one a look. It is on my to purchase list as soon as it is released to America.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I wear my Halloween costume all year round!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also not a huge fan of Dixit, but I really like Mysterium. Mysterium is a lot more goal-oriented and structured; everyone is focused on communicating effectively, instead of trying to communicate with just the right degree of vagueness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I R
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
From what I've seen/read there is a quite a bit of interpretation in the game much like there is in Dixit. The ghost bestows the 'clue' cards based on what they hope the investigators will interpret from them. It still looks like a game where a good amount of imagination will be required, which is great, only you'll be working tandem for a common goal rather than competitively like in Dixit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't care for Dixit. Love Mysterium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Fischer
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everybody for your answers. I think you convinced me to go for Mysterium. I also think that the cooperative nature already eliminates all the felt "randomness" of Dixit. Now I just have to find it, which shouldn't be a big problem considering I live in Poland
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.