Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugo Pettersson
Sweden
Luleå
Norrbotten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have four questions:
1. How many different NHL-players are in this base set?
2. Are there any duplicates of players?
3. Does alot of players have the same abilities?
4. I love the hockey theme, but this game have enough "meat"?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hpe0415 wrote:
I have four questions:
1. How many different NHL-players are in this base set?
3. Does alot of players have the same abilities?
4. I love the hockey theme, but this game have enough "meat"?

Thanks in advance!

1. There are roughly two players per team, so about 60. (Did you want the exact number)?

2. There are no duplicates, but the oversized Chara card is both a captain (this has the "special powers" and is not part of your deck) and a player card that can be "bought". (I am referring to the card being oversized, not Chara.)

3. Yes. For example, there are several Attacker cards with different players that say e.g. "Draw two cards when taking a shot on goal". But probably only 3 or 4 with the exact same text per ability.

4. It uses the same engine as DC Deck Building game, the LotR deck building games, etc. by Cryptozoic. It's a relatively straightforward game and while not that deep, your decisions do matter. I played with two people who weren't familiar with deck builders and while it was my first time playing too, I have played lots of iOS Ascension and ending up winning 4-0-0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Tikatoy wrote:
[q="hpe0415"]I have four questions:

2. There are no duplicates, but the oversized Chara card is both a captain (this has the "special powers" and is not part of your deck) and a player card that can be "bought". (I am referring to the card being oversized, not Chara.)

There are several other 'captains' that also have a card in the regular deck - Crosby and Ovechkin. I believe Towes as well...maybe some of the others but as the previous responder said the players aren't duplicated within the actual game deck..

I understand the desire to have high profile players as captains but it is kind of funny when my opponent has the Chara card but I have the Chara Captain card

Thematically, it would have made more sense to have real NHL coach's and Coach cards that give your team a benefit but certainly the players are more exciting than the coaches

Perhaps we'll see coaches integrated into the game in a future expansion - that could be cool, I think.

I'm not sure how much "meat" you are looking for. It's a very light game and again as the previous responder said it's really as meaty as Cryptozoic other deck builders.

I know I'll definitely be picking up the expansion when it comes out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo Pettersson
Sweden
Luleå
Norrbotten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Thanks for the answers. I will probably buy this game as a christmas gift!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Canuck
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Perhaps we'll see coaches integrated into the game in a future expansion - that could be cool, I think.

Playing this game last weekend, that was the first thing we thought of: a coach that would help your play based on the types of cards you played.

Well, that and have a special promo card for Don Cherry.

Definitely looking forward to the next expansion. I want P.K.!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.