Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roel Vaneerdeweg
Belgium
Zemst
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had one question concerning the use of the 'Ring of Favor' artefact card.

You can use it once per round to double the 'effect' of a favor card.

Does that mean that only the results of the favor card are doubled, or also - for the favor cards to which this applies - the cost of using the card?

For example:
Using the Ring of Favor with the Herbalist 'draw 3 ingredients - discard 2' results in 'draw 6 ingredients - discard 4'.
Can you do this at once, or do you draw 3 - put 2 back two times after each other?

Also:
Using the Ring of Favor with the experienced alchemist (don't know the exact title) 'gain an additional gold on the alchemist action'
-> Do you sell 1 ingredient for a total of 2 gold
or:
-> Do you sell 2 ingredients for a total of 2 gold? (with only a single action cube)

My guess is: first interpretation is correct.

The effect of the ring with the Custodian 'Put 1 action cube on this card before the sell potion action and use it to gain a drink potion action' is also a bit unclear:
-> Do you put 1 cube to get 2 drink potion actions early in the round
or
-> Do you have to put 2 cubes to get two drink potion actions early in the round?

Thanks in advance for any insight into this matter!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same doubt when first reading the Ring of Favor card.

Then it struck me: on the last page of the rulebook, you can find how to apply the effects of the same Favor card played twice or more (2 Herbalists, 2 Barmaids, etc.).

So if I have the Ring, I consider a Favor card that I played just as 2 consecutive cards of the same Favor, and apply the relative rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel Vaneerdeweg
Belgium
Zemst
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That clarifies things! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.