United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two quick questions/topics:

1. Does anything happen when a location runs out of cards? Does that location essentially become useless for the remainder of the game?

2. How are the outsider cards (the ones that grant new followers) treated? Do they go into your hand and can be played at any time, or are they resolved immediately when you draw them? When we played we did the former, and we were "requesting" outsider cards and giving them to each other. Thematically, that wouldn't make much sense. A follow up question would be, where is the new follower placed when the card is played?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For #2: The cards do indeed go to your hand and you can trade them and/or decide when to play them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Nothing happens. The location is depleted. You can still hang out there if you need to though.

2. They go to your hand. They can be requested. As per the text on the card (IIRC) the new survivor goes to the Colony. Unless you are exiled, in which case they do not, they go to a non-Colony location. It makes sense thematically if you don't think of them as an actual person, but the information aboutwhere to find a person and rescue them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
For #2, note that when you play "Outsider" Event cards, the printed rulebook says to remove them from the game while the PDF still says they go to the Waste Pile.
I'm pretty sure the printed rulebook is the authoritative version, but I hope that gets reconciled soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
For #2, note that when you play "Outsider" Event cards, the printed rulebook says to remove them from the game while the PDF still says they go to the Waste Pile.
I'm pretty sure the printed rulebook is the authoritative version, but I hope that gets reconciled soon.

Correct. I'll let Isaac know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:

Another way to reconcile this yourself is to look at the card text - the waste pile cards have "waste" written right on them, and the outsider cards don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.