Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
carl hilinski
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I got an email from the French publisher of SOST today. They said: "Regarding SOS Titanic, our distributor Game Salute should get new copies in early January. They are on their way to the US. Thus you will be able to order from them then."

I then emailed Game Salute, where it was listed as Sold Out. I sent them a copy of the publisher's email and they are now taking preorders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic news!
Sadly it will cost me 35 dollars shipped. I really want this one but I'll have to think on it a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh thought about it. Pre-ordered.

It's only money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Shelley
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. - Unknown
mbmbmbmbmb
I broke down and bought the German version from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Heidelberger-Spieleverlag-HE499-SOS-Ti...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Buckel
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is good news. I'm curious if they changed anything in the reprint or just printed more copies of the same. Other than the 'collapsible boat' image, I haven't heard of anything serious that would affect game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark James Schryver
United States
Pulaski
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's wrong with the Collapsible Boat image? I haven't heard anything before, and I just searched the Forums and didn't see anything there, either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Buckel
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not an issue really. It's a picture of an overturned life boat with people clinging to it. It's not in the images but you will see it pointed out in the live play video. Since the home page of the publisher doesn't mention anything I have to assume it's a straight up reprint and not a '2nd edition'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carl hilinski
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I heard from Game Salute today about SOS Titanic. They got a small shipment. There are some going out as soon as the weather breaks to people who preordered from them. The rest, they say, will be available on their Amazon store starting in February.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Linville
United States
Sun Valley
NV
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chilinski wrote:
I heard from Game Salute today about SOS Titanic. They got a small shipment. There are some going out as soon as the weather breaks to people who preordered from them. The rest, they say, will be available on their Amazon store starting in February.

That would be awesome if they were able to ship some soon! I preordered mine back in early December, and cannot wait to get the game in my hands sooner than expected.

Thanks for the information Carl!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carl hilinski
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
About a half hour ago I got a notice from them that the game is in the mail. If you preordered it from them in December, yours is probably on the way, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Linville
United States
Sun Valley
NV
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chilinski wrote:
About a half hour ago I got a notice from them that the game is in the mail. If you preordered it from them in December, yours is probably on the way, too.

Wow Carl, you were right on! I just happen to check my email prior to seeing your reply, and low and behold, my email shows I have my copy in the mail.

What a great surprise to see this and now I will be waiting by that mailbox until my copy comes.

YAY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, order shipped today. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Goodchild
United States
Boyce
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for the intel, I was finally able to get a copy of this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carl hilinski
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Here's one thing I'd like to have. If it weren't for the book, you could really carry this game around as a deck of cards. I've been thinking about making some cards to take the place of the book. Have a card for each compartment..maybe rotate it from 3 to 2 to 1, or flip it over. It would almost be nicer to have three separate cards for the first compartment, for example, with the corresponding picture on each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.